Destiny Bungie's new game (2 Viewers)

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/7/16743470/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-expansion-dlc-review-bungie

Yet after observing the outpouring of negativity on the game’s subreddit these past 24 hours, it’s starting to feel like the Destiny 2’s most vocal critics will never be satisfied.

:17:

There is a wide gulf between those two kinds of Destiny players, with millions of people who sit somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. If you find yourself there, in the gray area between thinking your time might be better spent not caring about Destiny as much as its community demands of you, then you’ll be fine with what’s being offered in Curse of Osiris. Because if Bungie has succeeded at anything, it’s in delivering a game that fits into your life instead of suffocating it.

Unrealistic expectations to have randomized performance loot that isn't being filtered through the micro transaction lens? I think not. We shall see exactly what Masterworks is about.. If all it is, is you have the ability to reroll One stat repeatedly... that doesn't solve the problem at all.

Eververse monetization has affected the entire loot system, you :fou:.

I'm trying to get your point here.

Is your point that the whole Eververse system has made the game more about chasing emotes than then fun of getting new weapon/armor loot?

Like, the focus is in the wrong spot?

Otherwise, your point makes no sense.

I'm trying to get your point here.

In order to drive the monetization of eververse you remove the chase for weapons and armor and funnel the chase to cosmetics. Loot based games must have some diversity in its loot pool. There are no random rolls on any of the items that matter, so there is no diversity, rendering the primary reward mechanic of the game to be as powerless as a Guardian in the crucible. Who gives a **** about getting bright engrams? I care about the loot.

The problem lies in the fact that the entire loot system is designed to push whales into purchasing silver. It is designed to make the fish nibble a little here and there as well. They removed the chase for Guns and Armor like there was in D1 and made that chase 100% bright engrams. All the Guns/Armor are reskinned models of other Guns/Armor with slightly different shader patterns. Nearly all customization has to pass through Eververse. Randomized rolls are gone and Reward drops at the end of activities are all now relegated to in game currency transactions instead of at the moment of victory. I believe we should be gaining reputation by being heroic and not by bribing a vendor. Tokens can be used as currency for admission fees into events like adventures and strikes of Heroic or Prestige status with rewards dropped at the end of the activity in the moment of Victory with randomized rolls. I want to use an armor set but I don't want those crappy mobility stats. I'd like to see a different version of Nameless Midnight. I'd like to get a weapon and unwrap it like a Christmas present looking at my perk rolls. The snowball of salt will continue until they fix the rewards system to once again be in the moment of victory to maximize the effects of the dopamine shot while it is fresh in the brain. Currently, I can only get that loot drop euphoria from Eververse. Here we get into compounding the exploitation of addictions of gamers to drive micro-transactions. Which is really when we get into the morality of micro transaction loot boxes being RNG and/or gambling.

So give me my drugs so I can feed my addiction. Give me a diverse pool of loot that isn't shrouded in the veil of Micro transactions so I can continue to get the sense of progression.

(Psst...The "cosmetics only" arguement doesn't fly for Eververse, Ghosts do have randomized and exotic perks that effect game play and that is only available through Eververse. Get more/locate resources, increase your loot chances for public events, increase your xp to increase your loot chances, locate chests to get more currency faster to get more loot chances, problem is the loot isn't diverse, it is repetitive)

Edit: If anyone is confused at all about why I give a **** about the random rolls, that was the end game progression system of Destiny. Yes there are collections to achieve if you want to but once you complete the collections what is left to achieve? You raise that collection from **** Tier rolls to God Tier rolls. The end game progression system currently is directly tied to Eververse.

Its the promethius lens weekend... Xur has it so if you want to have fun in the crucible and feel powerful again, this is the weekend to do it before the weapon gets "fixed".

The raid lair is honestly pretty cool. Short like Crota's End but fun. Definitely more fun than the Leviathan.

Good, maybe now I can actually do it. The Raid was so technical that no one really wanted to do it with me. I missed the first two waves, and then no one was interested.

You will probably be better off getting in on LFG or one of those websites to do the Raid, maybe guided games. Unless there are some sweeping changes to end game progression its going to be hard to get everyone fully back into Destiny. I will play the story for the DLC but I dunno about much else. I'm having too much fun with 7 Days to Die on PC at the moment.

You will probably be better off getting in on LFG or one of those websites to do the Raid, maybe guided games. Unless there are some sweeping changes to end game progression its going to be hard to get everyone fully back into Destiny. I will play the story for the DLC but I dunno about much else. I'm having too much fun with 7 Days to Die on PC at the moment.

Hmm, that looks interesting. I bet Widge will love it.

so the weapon forge is a mixed bag of grind and fun

you have to complete heroic versions of the adventures on Mercury, then you have to grind PE's and strikes to get the materials needed for the weapon forge...

the scout rifle is good though...hand cannon is ok and the pulse rifle is, well, it's a pulse rifle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom