Destiny Bungie's new game (5 Viewers)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vWz9VN40nCA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meaning Physical media is still in demand, so physical sales of media will continue for the foreseeable future and are not "dying".

Also the inclusion of Digital media with the physical copies is a genius marketing ploy for phasing out physical media.

I tend to agree that the good ole Brick and Mortar stores and physical media are being phased out slowly, but..

Amazon's newest bricks and mortar store opens in New York - BBC News

Conveinience

how is picking up a CD more convenient than downloading it??

Meaning Physical media is still in demand, so physical sales of media will continue for the foreseeable future and are not "dying".

Not sure you understand what "dying" means. If percentage of purchases from physical go down every year, it is most definitely dying.

how is picking up a CD more convenient than downloading it??

:freak7: It isn't. The example was that physical(media, stores) are still in demand even after people believed that online shopping was going to eliminate physical stores.

Not sure you understand what "dying" means. If percentage of purchases from physical go down every year, it is most definitely dying.

Yet not dead, and will continue to exist as long as there is demand for it. So yes, "dying" would be going away. It isn't.

Also the inclusion of Digital media with the physical copies is a genius marketing ploy for phasing out physical media.

I tend to agree that the good ole Brick and Mortar stores and physical media are being phased out slowly, but..

Amazon's newest bricks and mortar store opens in New York - BBC News

Conveinience

You know, there is a difference between arguing with you (what I wasn't doing) and adding to your point, by strengthening your argument.

I agree there is still a demand, and we both see that it's phasing out. It would just be interesting to see the demographics of it to see if it's age related mostly.

Also, not everyone's car can handle a USB or blutooth.. so a CD might be the way to go. And not everyone is like this group and capable of burning their own CD's off digital copies.

You know, there is a difference between arguing with you (what I wasn't doing) and adding to your point, by strengthening your argument.

I understand completely, which is why I highlighted your anecdote and expanded my point to Physical Stores. I don't believe I contradicted anything you said.

if anyone has ever met a teenager, they know that physical media, especially for music and movies, will go the way of the dodo...

and it wasn't that long ago that 50% of the floor space at places like Best Buy was dedicated to DVDs and CDs...now it's probably 10%

There's a demand to see my grandma again. Doesn't mean she ain't dead.

:freak7:

W. T. F.

Was ole gram gram a prostitute? Cause what does that have to do with economics? Oh right, old people have the money, and old people will demand physical media/stores. I got it now.

if anyone has ever met a teenager, they know that physical media, especially for music and movies, will go the way of the dodo...

Dude, they don't know how to stream music other than go to Youtube.

It's amazing how little they understand about computers and apps, when they live it.

I guess our age group will be unique in that case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom