Destiny Bungie's new game (6 Viewers)

"Bungie insists on not balancing PVP and PVE separately (something basically every game on the market does now so one doesn't ruin the other)."

this has been a problem for 4 years and they have not been able to solve it...the answer is obvious but i guess they insist on being different

queue widge... "Bungie knows whats best"

Bungie is done until they're no longer partnered with Activision.

They made a deal with one devil to get away from another devil. Problem is I'm not sure who would allow them the time they need to produce better content with a better engine. Maybe it's time that they just use someone else's engine and focus on content? That might allows them to break away from the Activisions and EAs of the world.

You were taking Bungie's word then, their word has since amounted to ********.

Have you not known me long enough to know when I am trolling? And by that I mean if I'm typing or speaking, I'm likely trolling.

Regardless, all I said was that they need time to fix the game and Activision isn't going to give them that time. Which is still true. Yes, I was once hopeful that they would fix it. I think we can all agree that they ended up doing a good job fixing Destiny 1, but it does not appear that they will be given time to do that with Destiny 2 because they still seem to be using a game engine that does not allow for quick fixes and Activision just wants to get more sales and does not care to give them time to fix the issues.

Have you not known me long enough to know when I am trolling? And by that I mean if I'm typing or speaking, I'm likely trolling.

Regardless, all I said was that they need time to fix the game and Activision isn't going to give them that time. Which is still true. Yes, I was once hopeful that they would fix it. I think we can all agree that they ended up doing a good job fixing Destiny 1, but it does not appear that they will be given time to do that with Destiny 2 because they still seem to be using a game engine that does not allow for quick fixes and Activision just wants to get more sales and does not care to give them time to fix the issues.

i am sure that Bungievision is aware of the drop in player base that happened so quickly...many people were gone before the first expansion came out....Activision may not care since the game was already bought by those people but they have to be aware that it will likely affect sales for Destiny 3....

i am sure that Bungievision is aware of the drop in player base that happened so quickly...many people were gone before the first expansion came out....Activision may not care since the game was already bought by those people but they have to be aware that it will likely affect sales for Destiny 3....

Maybe. But they can just ramp up the ad campaigns and propaganda for Destiny 3. Plus, they are just targeting filthy casuals for sales and longevity doesn't really matter to them.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/357988/bungie-activision-contract.pdf

I don't see a time limit or end of term on this contract other than expected release dates for 4 iterations of Destiny.. So I dont' think Bungie is free in 2 years, I think they are still on the hook for 2 more Destiny games unless both sides agree to part ways.

It was a "10 year plan" for 4 games with 4 DLCs each. Which is currently 1 year behind schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom