Destiny Bungie's new game (1 Viewer)

I've kinda gotten back into D2 a little bit. And by getting back into it I mean I might run 3-4 raids a week when they pop up and nothing else. No more grinding anything else at all. Haven't done any of that in months.

I've kinda gotten back into D2 a little bit. And by getting back into it I mean I might run 3-4 raids a week when they pop up and nothing else. No more grinding anything else at all. Haven't done any of that in months.

I'd do that, but I don't have Twenty to carry me anymore.

On a more serious note, I just didn't find the Raid for D2 to be very fun. Too many small and complex mechanics. Not enough just running around killing stuff.

It was a 10 year contract signed in 2010.

The old contract that has been floating around the internet is a 4 game deal over a 10 year timeline. Currently they are a year behind with regards to the original "10 year plan". I'd imagine that the 4 game deal is very similar to the music industry's "X album" deal with dead lines and penalties for missing dead lines. That contract doesn't end after ten years, it ends after the final obligation is fulfilled. I'd also imagine that the contract has been renegotiated multiple times to adjust the timelines and the penalties for missing the deadlines, especially when they had to reboot the development cycle of D2.

At this rate Bungie is Activision's ***** for at least 5 more years unless D3 fails miserably.

The old contract that has been floating around the internet is a 4 game deal over a 10 year timeline. Currently they are a year behind with regards to the original "10 year plan". I'd imagine that the 4 game deal is very similar to the music industry's "X album" deal with dead lines and penalties for missing dead lines. That contract doesn't end after ten years, it ends after the final obligation is fulfilled. I'd also imagine that the contract has been renegotiated multiple times to adjust the timelines and the penalties for missing the deadlines, especially when they had to reboot the development cycle of D2.

At this rate Bungie is Activision's ***** for at least 5 more years unless D3 fails miserably.

i don’t know brah. if activision doesn’t see the future releases (current too) as a loss, i’d be surprised if the contract isn’t voided in 2 years. destiny “franchise” isn’t really on the hot list anymore, and it would take a miracle to make it popular again, unless they just re-release d1 with updated content.*hint**hint* they can release whatever cod they want and people will still buy it. same isn’t going to be true for d3 (i doubt they release anything close to what fans want).

activision is similar to ea; this business is cutthroat and both companies only care about the bottom line. ea will probably drop/sell off respawn too. they only produce flops.

i don’t know brah. if activision doesn’t see the future releases (current too) as a loss, i’d be surprised if the contract isn’t voided in 2 years. destiny “franchise” isn’t really on the hot list anymore, and it would take a miracle to make it popular again, unless they just re-release d1 with updated content.*hint**hint* they can release whatever cod they want and people will still buy it. same isn’t going to be true for d3 (i doubt they release anything close to what fans want).

activision is similar to ea; this business is cutthroat and both companies only care about the bottom line. ea will probably drop/sell off respawn too. they only produce flops.

They claimed they were ahead of projections in regards to eververse sales. Destiny 2 sold a **** load as well as the "season pass" for the first two DLC. Destiny 3 is currently in development and will likely be released in fall 2019 if 'on schedule'. But most likely 2020 if history holds firm.

They claimed they were ahead of projections in regards to eververse sales. Destiny 2 sold a **** load as well as the "season pass" for the first two DLC. Destiny 3 is currently in development and will likely be released in fall 2019 if 'on schedule'. But most likely 2020 if history holds firm.

probably just another waste of development.

Well, there's a good chance it will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom