Destiny Bungie's new game (3 Viewers)

Well, it's kind of a hybrid FPS/RPG/MMO. Obviously the shooting is in the first person, but it's not just an FPS and they normally don't talk about it that way since the real draw of the game has always been the Coop. So I kind of wonder if they are attempting to re-label it's genre to drive sales?

Well the shooting is first person, but it's not really a First Person Shooter. It's a Coop game with first person shooting combines with RPG and MMO elements. It would be like calling Fortnite a Third Person Shooter or Overwatch a First Person Shooter.

So Activision claims they will be introducing a new mode to Destiny 2 that is new to First Person Shooters at E3 (ZOMG MEGATONZ!!!!11111!!!!!11!!!!). I suspect it will be disappointing, but I find it weird that I don't recall them calling Destiny a First Person Shooter before:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/03/destiny-2-fall-expansion-introduces-a-mode-new-to-first-person-shooters.aspx

Maybe wdf gets his wish and they finally turn Destiny into a pay-to-win card gane with a dance pad sold separately

Bungie: we are adding new enemies in the Warmind expansion
Guardians: :cheer:
Bungie: Ice enhanced hive. They are like the regular hive but with ice. Freaking ice!!
Guardians: :freak7:

Bungie: we are adding new enemies in the Warmind expansion
Guardians: :cheer:
Bungie: Ice enhanced hive. They are like the regular hive but with ice. Freaking ice!!
Guardians: :freak7:

Those Hive are slippery suckers.

The Warmind story was pretty solid, but kind of short. I finished it in a couple to few hours. I think the boss battle was pretty cool though. I think the Warmind story will have implications to come down the road, so that was cool.

There were a few different kinds of Hive, but that was it.

And I got a fun shiny new emote!

The biggest current issue to me is how long it takes them to implement the changes reverting this game back to D1 status. How inefficient must they be to not change the engine to make updates easier.

this still continues to be the single biggest problem with D2...and i am not sure if its even difficult or if Bungie is stubborn and just DNGAF about what the players think...either way, they are taking way too much time making small changes that should have been in the base game from day 1....

while Warmind adds a few things to do and some shinny objects to chase, they have actually created more of a grind for max light level....heroic strikes are recommended LL 350 and they drop 340 gear...the grind isn't fun if there is no meaningful progression...the only way to get higher LL gear is to do Flashpoint, Call to Arms, etc...

they also created a multi-step questline for the Sleeper Simulant....i mean, that is just lazy and dumb

all that being said, Warmind does have some good bits...exotic weapons actually feel powerful and the campaign missions are decent enough....

Escalation Protocol is probably not going to be fun until everyone hits LL 360...the first wave boss is a bullet sponge ogre that melts you with his eye blast in about 2 seconds

Escalation Protocol is probably not going to be fun until everyone hits LL 360...the first wave boss is a bullet sponge ogre that melts you with his eye blast in about 2 seconds

Isn't Escalation Protocol basically Hoard Mode/PoE? Is this the vastly different mode for a FPS that we are supposed to get?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom