Destiny Bungie's new game (1 Viewer)

How does this news relate to MTXs? MTXs was mostly an Activision mandate. This sounds like great news overall... But I'm still having fun playing my back log of PC games.

How does this news relate to MTXs? MTXs was mostly an Activision mandate. This sounds like great news overall... But I'm still having fun playing my back log of PC games.

I think it's good news in the long term. But in the short term Bungie is going to need funding and they are losing 1/3 of their development team from the outside studios that Activision owned. So, I suspect a big lull in content until they can get more investments and hire more developers to work at Bungie itself. You can also expect the same or more microtransactions to pay for that.

It will be good they will no longer be forced to release content that is not ready because Activision makes them release it, but I suspect it will slow content drops in at least the short term.

settle down Beavis...

yes this is probably good news for Destiny....but since D2 is basically mapped out at this point, we probably won't see much change until D3

settle down Beavis...

yes this is probably good news for Destiny....but since D2 is basically mapped out at this point, we probably won't see much change until D3

I don't think you will see D3 until the next generation of consoles comes out.

Yep, there is no need to create a D3 right now. I've followed how D2 has been progressing and I think they figured out the proper way to trickle down content. They can continue to build on that.

Yep, there is no need to create a D3 right now. I've followed how D2 has been progressing and I think they figured out the proper way to trickle down content. They can continue to build on that.

I suspect that long term they are looking to go with the Season Pass World of War Craft model. They will just trickle small and seasonal content every few months with a major expansion every now in then that is all included in the season pass. They will do that until the next genration of consoles which will basically force them to release Destiny 3. And then start the same cycle with the Season Pass over.

I haven't gotten this season pass. Is there anything of worth? Is the armory fun?

I've been grinding Gambit to get that weapon (auto rifle? forget the name), now that I'm taking a break from other games.

Well, I'm just grinding a bit to get my light level up, and shooting things is kind of Cathartic right now.

I haven't gotten this season pass. Is there anything of worth? Is the armory fun?

I've been grinding Gambit to get that weapon (auto rifle? forget the name), now that I'm taking a break from other games.

i just saw this and i would have to say no...and the problem isn't with the content but the leveling grind in Destiny continues to be an RNG based slog...

also, instead of creating new exotics, they continue to bring back D1 exotics and for some reason, people like that

side note, here are some rumors about D3, which will apparently lean toward a more 'hardcore' player base....

i just saw this and i would have to say no...and the problem isn't with the content but the leveling grind in Destiny continues to be an RNG based slog...

also, instead of creating new exotics, they continue to bring back D1 exotics and for some reason, people like that

side note, here are some rumors about D3, which will apparently lean toward a more 'hardcore' player base....

I sort of figured, since I haven't' seen any of you on Destiny in a long while, it wasn't worth getting the pass, so I saved the money.

Destiny's leveling has significantly improved with the latest update/season....

the Menagerie is a really good game mode with 6 player matchmaking...it's like EP and POE mixed...way better than the Gambit Prime doodoo from last season...

cross save coming to all platforms for those who want to move around

and this is coming in September:

some pretty big changes coming to the way armor works...you will be able to transfer perks and mods between pieces instead of trying to farm for god rolls....much more RPG focused

here's a brief rundown of the changes coming in September....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom