Destiny Bungie's new game (2 Viewers)

I really would like to be able to bring my weapons over from Destiny 1 and upgrade them ingame.

I’ll be happy when scout rifles are restored to their former glory
True. I had some really nice ones delivered from the weapons merchant. Those Suros full auto/sniper range scout rifles were deadly in PVP.

I got the seasons pass when it was on sale the other week, but i have been out of this game for a while and i just could not figure out what i was supposed to be doing. There's just so much stuff on the screen now.

I got the seasons pass when it was on sale the other week, but i have been out of this game for a while and i just could not figure out what i was supposed to be doing. There's just so much stuff on the screen now.

if you plan on buying Shadowkeep, there really isn't any reason to do any of it unless you are looking for specific weapons...the base power level will go up to 750 on October 1st so grinding for power is useless at this point...

the Menagerie and the Black Armory are good for chasing rolls on specific weapons

Yea that was a huge turn off. Don't have time to grind. So i'll just wait for the expansion to come out and play then.

I am just trying to complete the quests to get certain weapons. To be truthful, I haven't even do the raid yet. I think these new raid are too involved with puzzle solving. I enjoyed VoG and the Crota raid. Oh well. The strikes are like mini raid now anyways.

I am just trying to complete the quests to get certain weapons. To be truthful, I haven't even do the raid yet. I think these new raid are too involved with puzzle solving. I enjoyed VoG and the Crota raid. Oh well. The strikes are like mini raid now anyways.

I raided a lot in D1, but none in D2 (other than a failed attempt with the dogs in the first raid) and I don't think i'll ever complete a raid again. It's too much BS to learn the raid, find people, then devote a huge block of time. They are a lot of fun, but it's just too much work to do them.

yeah, D1 raids were much better.....the mechanics were actually fun and there was a little more room for error...

now they have the stupid revive tokens and the mechanics are too specific and/or on a timer now....Scourge of the Past is not bad but the boss fight is needlessly complicated

my guess is that they got tired of people soloing raids because it called into question their dev abilities....so they piled mechanics and timers on everything so they are impossible to solo

yeah, D1 raids were much better.....the mechanics were actually fun and there was a little more room for error...

now they have the stupid revive tokens and the mechanics are too specific and/or on a timer now....Scourge of the Past is not bad but the boss fight is needlessly complicated

my guess is that they got tired of people soloing raids because it called into question their dev abilities....so they piled mechanics and timers on everything so they are impossible to solo

That's part of it. The other part is that they now use the Raids to market the game on Twitch. If they don't make it hard, it won't last as long and the sweaty Twitch steamers won't stream the Raids. The race to be the first "elite" team to finish the Raid or finish high enough to get a jacket has become a thing that draws audience for Destiny streamers and gives Bungie publicity in the streamer market. They don't have any other content that would really draw a big streaming audience with no Trials in the game at this point.

Basically, they have now made the Raids really be for the top 10% of those who play the game. Much like they have catered to the top 10% of the PvP players by removing skill based matchmaking. I'll never understand why this generation of elite PvP players don't want to be challenged and don't want close games.

That's part of it. The other part is that they now use the Raids to market the game on Twitch. If they don't make it hard, it won't last as long and the sweaty Twitch steamers won't stream the Raids. The race to be the first "elite" team to finish the Raid or finish high enough to get a jacket has become a thing that draws audience for Destiny streamers and gives Bungie publicity in the streamer market. They don't have any other content that would really draw a big streaming audience with no Trials in the game at this point.

Basically, they have now made the Raids really be for the top 10% of those who play the game. Much like they have catered to the top 10% of the PvP players by removing skill based matchmaking. I'll never understand why this generation of elite PvP players don't want to be challenged and don't want close games.
I really hate what the devs did to this game. I used to play all the time for the first couple of years when the game was actually, ya know, fun. They seemed to be obsessed with "balancing" gear. Which I guess means nerfing weapons and armor that were actually fun to use into obscurity and buffing fundamentally garbage stuff to be barely usable. And the last raid I felt like I could actually get through was Oryx. I don't see why they did a complete 180 from "vanilla" Destiny (see: fun) to cater seemingly to highly skilled players exclusively. Which of course means people that can somehow play for hours and hours a day. It sucks because I really loved to play this game but I can't even imagine getting back into it now.

I really hate what the devs did to this game. I used to play all the time for the first couple of years when the game was actually, ya know, fun. They seemed to be obsessed with "balancing" gear. Which I guess means nerfing weapons and armor that were actually fun to use into obscurity and buffing fundamentally garbage stuff to be barely usable. And the last raid I felt like I could actually get through was Oryx. I don't see why they did a complete 180 from "vanilla" Destiny (see: fun) to cater seemingly to highly skilled players exclusively. Which of course means people that can somehow play for hours and hours a day. It sucks because I really loved to play this game but I can't even imagine getting back into it now.

To be fair, they have mostly stopped nerfing a lot of stuff. In fact, they may have made the player too powerful now. And, they have added things like Dungeons (3 man) and The Menagerie (6 person with matchmaking) as things that are almost mini Raids. And, while those have mechanics, they are the simpler mechanics like those used in D1.

On the other hand, the Raids in D2 really are more puzzles, chores, and jobs than they are fun. It's more about having to be really organized and perfectly execute complex mechanics than it is about using guns to kill masses of enemies. To me, they should be fun with fairly simple mechanics that lead to the mass slaughter of monsters the way they were in D1. In D1 none of the mechanics were really complicated and they didn't take away from the fun. What they have done now is added really complex mechanics that cause wipes at the slightest mistake. That's not fun and it doesn't allow for anyone to have the hero moment. All you get is the "I did this amazingly mundane but complicated thing right for the tenth time in a row so we can start a damage faze while standing in a Well of Radiance" moment.

But like I said the upside is that new content like The Forges, The Managerie, the Shattered Throne Dungeon, and even some of the newer strikes are fun.

And I looked up the stats because I was curious and, according to Bungie, only 17% of Destiny players have Raid clears. That seems like a really low number for the pinnacle activity in a game. And I think that is based on the earlier D2 Raid mostly. The stats seem to be that only 1.5% of players completed the Last Wish Raid. That's just ridiculous and it's more or less a combination of the lack of matchmaking. But, you can't have matchmaking when the Raids require so many complex mechanics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom