Detellier On Draft/Saints (2 Viewers)

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Wwl

Attachments

• Detellier On Draft-Saints 1-17-07.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 854
Pretty much how I see it also... Rivers or trade down... although I'd love to get DeSean Jackson... IFFFFF we fill some holes with good quality guys at need positions.

Agree with Mike, I don't think Ellis is there, IMHO he is a top 5-6 pick. I think with Rivers being the top LB prospect he might be gone also. I wouldn't be against droping down a couple picks (12-15 range) and picking up some extra draft picks (thats assuming there is a team that wants to move up).

Personally right now, I wouldn't mind DeSean Jackson (as I just don't see a defensive player that might be available worthy of a top 10 pick).

Last edited:
Good to hear that Mike Detellier also shares the sentiment that there is not a cornerback in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick.

Also, I agree with him on Ellis. Ellis would be a huge pickup if we could get him. Rivers would be solid as well.

So we trade for Vilma and draft Rivers..........I can deal with that.

RIVERS VILMA FUJITA

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Vilma especially for anything above a 4th, but how has he progressed with his rehab? Does anyone know. I sure as heck don't want an injured MLB since that won't help us

This was posted on another post about Vilma and sounds promising.

According to a brief mention in the Newark Star-Ledger, Jets LB Jonathan Vilma’s mysterious knee surgery earlier this season was performed in order to remove floating bone chips and fragments from his right knee.

As with all their injuries, the Jets have been extremely tight-lipped about Vilma’s condition, and speculation began to emerge that the linebacker had undergone microfracture surgery, a serious procedure that would have severely impacted Vilma’s value on the trade market.

On Sunday, Vilma made an appearance on the sidelines without crutches, another indication that the injury is not serious, and that his rehabilitation is progressing smoothly.

Assuming the former Pro Bowler is on his way to a clean bill of health, it’s extremely probable that Vilma will be dealt in the offseason. Rookie David Harris has excelled during Vilma’s absence.

why can't we move UP and get impact. Why move DOWN?

Because there are no guarantees moving up is going to get us a player better than where we are or moving down. And we can't afford to give away picks on a player that might not turn out. We need talent all over the defense, not just one impact player.

Because there are no guarantees moving up is going to get us a player better than where we are or moving down. And we can't afford to give away picks on a player that might not turn out. We need talent all over the defense, not just one impact player.

So if we could move up and get an impact player you'd be against it? Thats just messed up thinking. Just because we need help in a handful of spots doesn't make it any less attractive to move up and actually get a player we covet. I am not against either, and I am definitly not against giving up picks to get a player we think can help now. Not all tradeing up is a bad thing, a lot of times it actually works out.

Trade up to Ravens with our 4th round pick and grab Ellis. Last year a lot of people wanted to trade up and grab Willis and I was against it, and boy was I wrong so lets not make the same mistake this year lets move up and grab an impact player.

Lets say there is not a player at 10 the saints want and no other team is willing to trade up, would it make sense to take the highest rated player like Djack and then attempt to trade him with a team behind the saints?

Is having the player a team wanted more leverage than the 10th pick? My thinking is that the team may have originally thought Djack would fall to them and if the saints dangle him in front of their face they would be very tempted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom