Detillier article today addresses offseason, McAllister. (1 Viewer)

If we come to the conclusion that Deuce is never going to be a viable RB again theres no point in restructuring to keep him around. Roster spots are valuable. I don't want him taking up a spot Thomas could have just because he was the face of the franchise a few years ago. I know its a tough decision, but if his recovery really has hit snags, I don't think its worth keeping him on the roster for the next 2 years to hope he can one day get 5 carries a game again.

And everyone keeps saying "we don't need to spend alot of money on Turner"....while I'm not in favor of signing him, he isn't going to cost alot of money. A player is only as valuable as the amount of teams that want him, and as of now noone wants the guy it looks like.

Which I find an amazing thing. Turner is the real deal....I'm guessing that all the talent in the draft has caused a lot of teams to feel they can get their RB there.

Turner is not going to get the money he's looking for... just way too many cheaper and younger options in the draft this year at RB. I mean, it's likely that a team could get a RB in this year's draft in the 2nd or 3rd round... that any other year.... would have likely been a 1st round guy.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6aPPuuPeCc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6aPPuuPeCc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Count me in as one of the people VERY excited about the possibility of Micheal Turner. I love Deuce as much as the next guy but we really need a true RB to make this offense less predictable and more balanced (55/45 pass/run). It's going to free up Bush to be the playmaker he was in season 1 as well help to move us towards being the #1 offense in football again.

We're not going to be able to build a dominant defense in one offseason but as we rebuild it over the next few years we really need our offense to step up and carry a larger share to compete in the NFC. If Turner could be had for a steal you gotta make the move.

I do not think we should in any way rely on PT as a starter. We either need Deuce or Turner or another big time back. I know PT is the second coming of Earl Campbell to some (not all) on this board. i think he is a very good third stringer. But watch him versus deuce when healthy or Turner and there's no comparison in my opinion. We cannot ride him to a Super Bowl and the coaches know this. he is servicable when the featured back is injured. Stecker has had great games too (I recall him having 100+ games in a reserve role). But he is also not an every down back that will carry a team to the Super Bowl. I like PT and all, but if he and Bush are the 2 starters, we will not even make the playoffs...just my 2cents

I dont think the Fans or Coaches know what PT is gonna be, I think we (the fans) annointed him the 2nd coming based off one game, we were all dissapointed in Reggie and then Pierre has a good game...so ofcourse who is the favorite now? we all have to admit to being wishy washy when it comes to players, we like who is producing and wanna trade or release whoever isnt....then we think we got it all figured out, our new favorite stumbles and our old favorite is back to being our new favorite or we are wishing we never let our old favorite go....if PT is as good as the fans on here think he is, it will show....but I dont think he is a better option than Reggie or Duece, but thats not saying I dont think he is a good player, thats just me wanting to see more than one game before annointing someone the new savior after the old one got old (after 2yrs)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom