Detroit Pistons' Stan Van Gundy goes off on Trump: 'Brazenly racist' (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here are his full remarks, lightly edited:

&#8220;I didn&#8217;t vote for (George W.) Bush, but he was a good, honorable man with whom I had political differences, so I didn&#8217;t vote for him. But for our country to be where we are now, who took a guy who -- I don&#8217;t care what anyone says, I&#8217;m sure they have other reasons and maybe good reasons for voting for Donald Trump -- but I don&#8217;t think anybody can deny this guy is openly and brazenly racist and misogynistic and ethnic-centric, and say, &#8216;That&#8217;s OK with us, we&#8217;re going to vote for him anyway.'

&#8220;We have just thrown a good part of our population under the bus, and I have problems with thinking that this is where we are as a country. It&#8217;s tough on (the team), we noticed it coming in. Everybody was a little quiet, and I thought, &#8216;Well, maybe the game the other night.&#8217; And so we talked about that, but then Aron Baynes said, &#8216;I don&#8217;t think that&#8217;s why everybody&#8217;s quiet. It&#8217;s last night.&#8217;

For more:

Detroit Pistons' Stan Van Gundy goes off on Trump: 'Brazenly racist'

Yeah I know, who cares what this guy thinks. I'm only posting it because I proud to say I am 100% onboard with his message.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Trump needs to get out in front of this, IMO. He needs to own it and acknowledge that his election has left fully half the country feeling disenfranchised. Especially since he didn't win the popular vote. That was no "mandate" last night and he needs to be humbled by it.

It would mean a lot if he would step outside his "inner circle" of Fox News and Breitbart for a cabinet appointment or two. Maybe even some centrist democrats. Hey, I can dream.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Until he actually starts making appointments, I'm not holding my breath, nor am I worried about it. Let's wait and see when the ball actually gets rolling.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, take the good of wild card with the bad. See what we actually get.

baddude25

Rookie
Reaction score
Gundy is a liberal loser that has no clue as to how the real world operates. Muslims are a threat and so are illegals.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I'm not particularly enthused by Trump's election to put it mildly, but why are we supposed to care about the political opinions of basketball personalities any more than any other random stooge?

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Let them cry, too. America made their choice. We used the only system available. 4 years from now we'll do it all over again.

OP
Saintaholic

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not particularly enthused by Trump's election to put it mildly, but why are we supposed to care about the political opinions of basketball personalities any more than any other random stooge?
The same reason news outlets write stories on them; some people like hearing what some successful, famous people have to say about things. Pops to me is a credible person whose opinion is newsworthy. If it isn't newsworthy to you, just move along. No biggie.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
The same reason news outlets write stories on them; some people like hearing what some successful, famous people have to say about things. Pops to me is a credible person whose opinion is newsworthy. If it isn't newsworthy to you, just move along. No biggie.
I mean, how is he more credible than anyone else? He coaches a sport where guys throw a ball into a ring. Hardly some great thinker or someone anyone should be listening to on any matters of import. He's entitled to his opinion but it shouldn't be news. Ever.

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because, other than Judges,politicians Pastors and Large Corporations, there aren't many other leaders in our country that are in positions to hold authority, including moral authority, over other human beings. Help men become and maintain "proper and accepted" stewards of our society. So, yes, they are definitely people with respected voices, and even if we disagree...many listen and want to hear from them. NFL, NBA, MLB etc...have men in place with enormous influential power.

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Still, don't overlook the obvious. These coaches have minorities on their squads, making up upwards of 90%+ of their roster. They love their men and care for them. The things Trump spewed could actually infuriate a coach who have many blacks, Hispanics others as their team family.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Still, don't overlook the obvious. These coaches have minorities on their squads, making up upwards of 90%+ of their roster. They love their men and care for them. The things Trump spewed could actually infuriate a coach who have many blacks, Hispanics others as their team family.
Poor, oppressed, rich men... how will they go on? :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom