Detroit with extra rest. (1 Viewer)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, haven't seen much of Detroit this year. At 7-4 they can't be shabby and now watching Tampa we have our hands fuller than most realize. We beat a good defense but bad team today and did it in an old fashioned way many of us fans were waiting for, but it's got to be buried now. The division is still open and other than NYG the wildcard is open.

This defense is quietly getting really good. If we don't wait an entire half to play against Stafford we should be ok. Hopefully other than Armstead we came out of today healthy.

They've trailed in the fourth quarter of every game this year. They're on an amazing "luck," streak, if you want to call it that.

They've trailed in the fourth quarter of every game this year. They're on an amazing "luck," streak, if you want to call it that.

Like a gambler at a blackjack table, it's bound to end. Hopefully, its next week.

We really don't have any room for error.
And even then we need error by other teams as well. We really need to be on point from here on out. Detroit has a very bad pass defense correct? We need to shred them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Our defenses are pretty similar. Our PPG is still skewed from all the awful games early in the year we played. Otherwise, we give up about the same yards, about the same 1st downs per game, and we are slightly better on 3rd down defense.

They've given up the 4th most passing TDs in the league while we've given up more rushing TDs.

Offensively, we blow them away and should have no matchup issues against them.

But that's on paper, and you don't play games on paper.

We need to make sure they're trailing by 28 in the 4th quarter to shut that noise up.

CB play- Breaux- is gonna have to play lights out vs the Lions WRs. Golden Tate is one of the best in YAC while the Saints are in the top 10 as 1 of the worst (135 YAC/GM) in giving it up.

More on this...

Since '08, 8 teams have trailed in 4th qtr of 1st 11 games of season. The other 7 went 4-73 (.052). #Lions are 7-4 (.636).

LINK TO STORY

Before the season, I would have guessed the Packers to be the toughest NFC North draw. After about 4-5 games, it looked to be Minnesota. Now, it appears to the the Lions. They get extra rest, but we have them at home. I think these two teams are pretty evenly matched. If we clean up our mistakes, we will take this one.

We're gonna curb-stomp these guys next Sunday. Trust me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom