Deuce and Joe at Rotolo's Shreveport (1 Viewer)

Tank Newburg

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Rotolo's Pizzaria has been a big hit since opening up here. Sunday, from 2:00 - 4:00, Deuce McAllister and Joe Horn will be signing autographs. 1409 E. 70th Street 71105. Heard them interviewed on local sports show this morning. Don't want to stir up the ol' "Shreveport is Cowboys country" discussion....but it is just awesome how the Saints organization has made such a huge presence up here! Was in Target the other day....Black and Gold, and Purple and Gold completely dominate the sportswear section! Had to look hard to find a blue shirt with a star on it (not to buy that is...just sayin' for comparison sake). Historically, such a thing was only wished for. Now it's real and sometimes it feels like a dream. Long-time fans up here know what I mean. WHO DAT! Have a good weekend everyone.

Deuuuuuuuuce .. thanks for the heads up. Definitely gonna check that out.

:gosaints:

I ran into Joe (after a pre-season game last year I think) outside the Dome. He was with an entourage of sorts, but I reminded him how I met him first during the caravan in 2005 in Lake Charles with Haslett (very nice btw), Fred McAfee, Devery, etc. I met him again at a VooDoo game when he was Arthur Blenk's guest (Ga Force/Falcons owner). On the first time he was very gracious to sign two football cards for me. I reminded him of that the 2nd time at the VooDoo and he completely stopped walking to talk to me.I leaned in to him to tell him "Joe, I hate who ya play for, but LOVE the WAY you play". He got a kick out of that and so I reminded him that night by the Dome which he seemed to recall both meetings. Very cool and casual. Talked about Arena football,etc. I asked what he was doing and he told me about his BBQ sauce. Has anyone tried it/seen it? Nice cool guy to chat with.
PS I just saw this on his website. nice sense of humor:
Joe Horn’s Bayou 87 BBQ Sauce

Tastes so Good, You’ll want to call Somebody!

http://bayou87.com/

Last edited:
man i wish i could be there. rotolos doesnt make me vomit. i actually like it. alot.

Thanks for posting this, I went there with my Dad, and we both met Deuce and Joe Horn. They signed a football for us and posed for pictures. It was nice. We so infrequently see Saints players (even former ones) up in Shreveport.

Ran into Joe as we were leaving lunch today at rotolos. I got a handshake, my wife got a hug, and he picked up my son for a picture. Really nice guy. Didn't get back over to see deuce but it was great to have those guys here in shreveport.

i really wish i could have made it there. Hopefully they will come back around football season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom