Deuce and Reggie (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I believe the best way to build a championship type team is by building a powerful running game. Also, I believe the Saints have the best set of RBs in the league. Either back would and could dominate alone, but together they are simply amazing. If they stay healthy, the next 3 to 5 years could prove to be truly special for the Saints and these two RBs.

Also, I believe a sold to very good defense is a requirement for a champion, and we seem to be on that road as well.

My mission for this season is to track both Deuce's and Reggie's stats and to see how dominant they truly are.

Here are these player's stats as of now:

Deuce McAllister: 91 rushes for 444 yards and a 4.9 avg, plus 4 TDs.
13 rec. for 89 yards and a 6.8 avg. No TDs.

Reggie Bush: 65 rushes for 196 yards and a 3.0 avg. No TDs.
38 rec. for 285 yards and a 7.5 avg. No TDs.
15 ret for 161 yards and a 10.7 avg, plus 1 TD.

Here are my projections for these two at the end of the year:

Deuce McAllister: 279 rushes for 1,309 yards and a 4.7 avg, plus 9 TDs.
37 rec. for 242 yards and a 6.5 avg, plus 1 TD.
Overall, 1,551 all-purpose yards and 10 TDs.

Reggie Bush: 183 rushes for 684 yards and a 3.7 avg, plus 2 TDs.
99 rec. for 1,022 yards and a 10.3 avg, plus 7 TDs.
39 ret for 451 yards and a 11.6 avg, plus 2 TDs.
Overall, 2,157 all-purpose yards and 11 TDs.

I plan on keeping foocus on these numbers to see how they compare around the league.

What do you think?

I think that with the RBs we have and the way the Oline is protecting Drew Brees, we have the makings of a really good offense. As long as Joe keeps being Joe and Colston doesn't tail off, we should avoid 8 in the box for the majority of the season...

I can't help but wonder what Hilton could have done in this offense. We are a TE away from being absolutely amazing on Offense...

Overall I think your numbers are obtainable and if they are, it spells good news for the Saints!!! Lord knows, there isn't a city that deserves it more...

I know, I wantedto keep Hilton. I questioned almost all of Paytons moves (not after the DS incident) but now I trust him. Must have been something about Zach he didn't like.

I know, I wantedto keep Hilton. I questioned almost all of Paytons moves (not after the DS incident) but now I trust him. Must have been something about Zach he didn't like.

He couldn't block. In Paytons schemes he needs blocking TE's.

I think they both are going too have big days and we are going too expose this D of the Ravens I can't wait.

In an interesting article from the Times-Picayune (see sr.com news page for story - "Four Grand") Mike Triplett notes that we have 4 players who could have 1000 yard seasons at the pace that they are going. Deuce, Bush, Horn and Colston. That is pretty darn impressive.

I guess for Bush, the situation is as good as any. He's drafted by a team that has a franchise power HB locked up for 6 more years, and he himself is locked in for 5 I guess. They knew from the beginning that they would have to co-exist. Bush comes from a situation in college where he was rotated in and out and used as a WR and PR and the like. Unlike the Ricky Williams debacle, we arent asking Reggie to do everything. Deuce is solid enough to where we can give him a blow and attack with Reggie and then bring back Deuce and pound them. They are doing it perfectly as well....Deuce has 104 touches, Bush has 103.
Reminds me of a Franco Harris/Rocky Bleier or Roger Craig/Tom Rathman combo.

I feel you start building a championship team with
Defense and then you get a strong running game.

I agree.

If these two guys are as unselfish as they appear to be, and are really only concerned about the W instead of the individual stat sheet, Deuce and Reggie could anchor this team for at least the next 4 years.

Here are these player's stats as of now:

Deuce McAllister: 181 rushes for 790 yards and a 4.4 avg, plus 8 TDs.
24 rec. for 149 yards and a 6.2 avg. No TDs.

Reggie Bush: 119 rushes for 368 yards and a 3.1 avg. 4 TDs.
73 rec. for 562 yards and a 7.7 avg. 1 TD.
22 ret for 198 yards and a 9.0 avg, plus 1 TD.

Here are my new projections for these two at the end of the year:

Deuce McAllister: 253 rushes for 1,109 yards and a 4.4 avg, 11 TDs.
39 rec. for 248 yards and a 6.4 avg, plus 1 TD.
Overall, 1,357 all-purpose yards and 12 TDs.

Reggie Bush: 176 rushes for 609 yards and a 3.5 avg, plus 8 TDs.
97 rec. for 825 yards and a 8.5 avg, plus 4 TDs.
34 ret for 357 yards and a 11.6 avg, plus 2 TDs.
Overall, 1,791 all-purpose yards and 14 TDs.

I plan on keeping foocus on these numbers to see how they compare around the league.

Also, this will give Deuce his 4th 1,000 yard season, plus it'll put him around 5,600 career rushing yards in six seasons.

You build a championship team by your strength as a coach. Payton is an offensive coach so it is no surprise that he started with the O first (Great QB, 2 very good RB's, and 3 good WR's).

The most surprising part is how well the O line has played so far. Now that't great coaching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom