Deuce can still achieve 1,000 yards rushing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Brees eligible for this award? He was knocked out for the season late last year right... Pennington hasn't done as much for his team as Deuce has.

Brees has won the award before after the 2004 season I believe. I still haven't figure out exactly what he was coming back from though that year.

Considered by whom?

Significant how?

Many teams are platooning their RBs now (we are, for example) so they'll take 1000-1200 from the primary guy along with about 400-550 from the second guy. Assuming both hit the high end of these marks, that puts them at a good team effort of over 100 rushing yards per game.

Brees has won the award before after the 2004 season I believe. I still haven't figure out exactly what he was coming back from though that year.

11 TDs, 15 INTs, publicly bemoaned by Chargers brass and demoted mid-stride for Doug Flutie. He was told that if he didn't vigor up and start making good choices with the football, he'd never be a starting QB again. Team drafted Rivers for insurance... fire is lit under Brees' buttocks... and now he's playing lights-out ball here for us.

Considered by whom?

Significant how?

It is the benchmark for the league. Significant how? The man had a devastating, season ending knee injury and to come back the next year and accomplish the league's benchmark is just incredible. I've had the same injury Deuce had. I couldn't have done what he has done.

DR, it may be time for you to change that quote in your sig.

It is the benchmark for the league. Significant how? The man had a devastating, season ending knee injury and to come back the next year and accomplish the league's benchmark is just incredible. I've had the same injury Deuce had. I couldn't have done what he has done.

Benchmark for the league? What does that mean?

I agree....for him to come back from a knee injury and have a good year is great, but the 1,000 yard mark is irrelevant.

And I guarantee you it's irrelevant to coaches and front offices too.

Maybe fantasy football players care, but that's about it.

I think a 1,000 yard season used to be the bench mark. I think in today's NFL 1500 yards is the new benchmark. Most of your above average backs get anywhere between 1500 and 1800 yards a season. 2000 yard seasons are not unreasonable anymore.

I agree....for him to come back from a knee injury and have a good year is great, but the 1,000 yard mark is irrelevant.

Is that not enough? I believe it to be EXTREMELY relevant that this guy comes back from that type of injury to even be able to suit up again let alone walk without a limp. 1,000 yds rushing has been an established benchmark for as long as I can remember. ESPN will remind you of that. Besides that, if we were losing and he was about to hit the 1000 yd mark, it'd be the lone bright spot in the season. But alas, it's not the lone bright spot. We have many bright spots this year and Deuce hitting 1000 yds is a bright spot IMO.

^^ (up two posts) again, off the mark.

More teams are turning to a dual RB system. Very few teams have one guy shouldering the load. The time for serious yardage RBs has pretty much come and gone, save the few elite backs that don't split carries (ie, LDT, Johnson, Steven Jackson). Factor in all the rules favoring QBs and WRs and, if anything, we should be saying that 3000 passing yards shouldn't be anything to get excited about (<200 passing yards per game).

I was wondering, what is the total rushing yards combined between Deuce and Reggie at this point anyway?

Considered by whom?

Significant how?
Bra' how long have you been an NFL fan its been and has always been 1,000yrd rushing, 1.000yrd receiving and 3,000yrd passing have always been the milestones for a productive year for a runningback, reciever and quarterback.

I still think by the end of the year our 2 RB's will have 1700-1800 rushing yards combined...........at least I hope I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom