Deuce can still achieve 1,000 yards rushing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with Ruprict. 1000 yards is outdated. 62.5 yards/game is really not that impressive. If that is the standard, we would have what, about 50% today's RBs on pace to be in the HOF assuming career longevity? 16 games/season now. At least 1200 yards/season should be the standard in today's NFL.

Ok Ruprict...if the traditional 'benchmark' (which it is) isn't good enough to be considered a benchmark, what is acceptable for you and why? Also, are you somehow privy to Deuce's contract and can unequivocably say a 1000 yd season isn't an incentive factor? If you can't, you're making the same strawman argument your accusing everyone who is on the 'pro-1000' side (for lack of better terms). And, if your not somehow privy to Deuce's contract, then you're simply arguing for the sake of arguing. As far as you know, it could kick in a $1mil bonus....or not.

Wrong Bulldawg. The burden of proof is on you.

1,000 is a totally irrelevant and arbitrary number. The reason it is used is because it is a nice, clean, round number. That's it. Could just as easily be 800, 900, or 1,100. There is nothing special about 1,000. It's a useless stat.

It has no berring on anything. And until you can prove to me that coaches and players focus on this as a testament to anything I will continue to think it is a silly insignificant stat.

Ok. This line of conversation is going absolutely nowhere fast. Again, unless you're privey to contractual information you're simply arguing to be arguing. You don't think 1000 yrds does/should have any merit. Fine. We get it.

And face it, the vast majority of football fans (of which I'm assuming many coaches and players are included) do consider the 1000 yrd benchmark. There has been discussion of bumping that to 1500+. But as of yet, the standard is still 1000. You don't like it. Fine. We get it.

Now, unless you'd like to enlighten the masses on anything more factual, or less conjectural, concerning this subject I would strongly suggest ignoring this or any post like it.

Harping.

Trolling.

Both TOS violations. Get it?

If you don't, feel free to PM me and we can continue this discussion offline. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you somehow. It's been known to happen.

wait wait wait. Why am I the only troll here?

I didn't take this to 7 pages by myself.

I've asked simple questions. I've given my position.

You say things like the "standard is 1,000. There has been discussion of bumping it to 1,500"......by whom? I ask.

You make it sound like there is some secret organization making "man laws" about statistics.

That's my whole point. Y'all have created this "benchmark" standard and you can;t even tell me why it exists.

I guess we need to agree to disagree.

Y'all go on thinking that 1,000 yards rushing is the end all be all most important stat in the history of football and I'll continue to think it is irrelevant and insignificant.

That's all there is to it.

wait wait wait. Why am I the only troll here?

I didn't take this to 7 pages by myself.

I've asked simple questions. I've given my position.

You say things like the "standard is 1,000. There has been discussion of bumping it to 1,500"......by whom? I ask.

You make it sound like there is some secret organization making "man laws" about statistics.

That's my whole point. Y'all have created this "benchmark" standard and you can;t even tell me why it exists.

I guess we need to agree to disagree.

Y'all go on thinking that 1,000 yards rushing is the end all be all most important stat in the history of football and I'll continue to think it is irrelevant and insignificant.

That's all there is to it.

Honestly if you can't find the answers to your questions by now. Maybe you should just stop asking.....it has been explained several times by several people. You're either pushing buttons, you don't get it, or you just don't want to get it.

Contract Info

Just so yall know 1,000 yards is a Not Likely To Be Earned incentive. It is in the standard language of every single contract signed by and NFL running back. Almost every running back in the league will get an increase in base salary for any season that the player makes 1000 yards, another increase (instead of not in addition to) for 1500 yds. Additionally all contracts have many other NLTBE's such as Pro-Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, ROY, etc.

Ruprict does have a great question though. Don't give up till you get the answer you're looking for.

Just so yall know 1,000 yards is a Not Likely To Be Earned incentive. It is in the standard language of every single contract signed by and NFL running back. Almost every running back in the league will get an increase in base salary for any season that the player makes 1000 yards, another increase (instead of not in addition to) for 1500 yds. Additionally all contracts have many other NLTBE's such as Pro-Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, ROY, etc.

Ruprict does have a great question though. Don't give up till you get the answer you're looking for.
No offense Nola. I tried holding Rupricts hand through all of this and he obviously has something up his sleeve. I felt bad for him for a second, but don't buy into to his poor picked on HIM act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom