Deuce can still achieve 1,000 yards rushing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Deuce McAllister - 155...... 654..... 4.2..... 57..... 8

This is only 346 yards away from a thousand. If I'm not wrong (and I'm not very good at math) that is only around 69 yards a game the rest of the way to get 1,000. Not bad for a team that abandons the run.

WOW! I didn't know he was that close. It's kind of deceptive with the way his season is going and the amount of times he gets the ball. This coming from a guy who is not at 100% and has been limited in playing time.

GEAUX DEUCE!

We don't abandon the run. We do what works. Deuce had 20 carries this past week. He averaged 3.5 yards a carry (half his yards came on one carry). Thats what I like about Payton. He doesn't put up with 3 runs and a punt over and over. He does what he has to do to move the ball.

As for deuce getting 1000 yards. Thats not really impressive so I don't care if he gets there or not, I just want to win. I actually think he'll reach that mark easily though.

If you combine Reggies yards on the ground with Deuce's, the running game numbers would show decent production. Most teams would consider having a 1000 yard rusher a successful running game. Then again, most teams don't have to running backs the caliber of Deuce and Bush. I'd like to see Deuce get a 1000 yards this year. I think this shows that our running game has not been as bad as it has been made out to be. It has just been overshadowed by the success that we have had in the passing game.

Not bad for a team that splits carries between two backs too. Deuce has 799 all purpose yds right now. He should have well over a thousand, and should get a thousand rushing if he gets his carries. Honestly he looks a lot better than I expected him to this year coming off a big injury. Next year Deuce will run even better when he's fully healed.

I didn't realize Deuce was that close to 1000 yards. I'd imagine if he gets to the 1000 yard mark he'd probably be pretty close to a lock for Comeback Player of the Year. Heck I think he's earned the award already.

I didn't realize Deuce was that close to 1000 yards. I'd imagine if he gets to the 1000 yard mark he'd probably be pretty close to a lock for Comeback Player of the Year. Heck I think he's earned the award already.

Pennington has that wrapped up.

1000yrds isn't impressive but considering duece is coming off a knee injury and had his carries cut in half and he still gets 100 I'd say its a good accomplishment for "him" not so much the team.

Brees may be a technicality. His was the last game of his season. Chad's injury was early in the season. I think Chad or Deuce at this point.

Is Brees eligible for this award? He was knocked out for the season late last year right... Pennington hasn't done as much for his team as Deuce has.

Pennington does alot more for his team then Deuce. But thats just the nature of his position. Hes been playing great.

As for Brees he was hurt in the last game last year. So I don't think he has a shot.

1000 a season is like 62 yards a game.

Not really that impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom