Deuce Has Microfracture Surgery (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I hadn't realized he had the micro-fracture surgery...hope no complications result from this...such as delaying his participation in mini-camps and TC itself...

I was unaware of the micro-fracture part of the injury. Maybe that's more reason (for the front office) to be concerned about Deuce's rehab.

I just heard about Deuce's MF surgery on Sirius' 2-minute Drill. Came as quite a shock.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about it awhile back. I believe he had the surgery at the same time as the other knee and that that's the only reason he's not started cutting on it yet.

I think he'll be ready.

I thought it was just a partial tear....u wouldn't think the injury was that bad when u saw it happen during the Tennesee game...we might draft a guy.

poor deuce will be in a wheelchair by the time he is 45...

he has a lot of heart... arguably the best we ever had at rb....

I hate the sound of microfracture surgery (breaking all the little bones around the area which needs treatment), but I know Deuce will recover if anyone can.
Get well soon Doooce.:gl::9:

Deuce HAS microfracture surgery, as in TODAY? or Deuce HAD microfracture surgery as in LAST YEAR?

Some folks still don't understand what this is so here is a link. Here is another one.

The the big things to understand is that the 'Microfracture' is the actual part of the surgery and not what the surgery treats. That's what makes this so cool. The surgeon is actually using the body's actual reactions to heal the affected areas. The surgery was originally intended for older, arthritic patients. It's still a relatively new procedure and the rehabilitation of the surgery is still being understood. Complications of the procedure is that the new scar tissue/cartilage can lose its stability or dissolve if an athlete proceeds too quickly. Recovery time is listed as 3-6 months for athletes.

It's been used successfully in the NBA, but no athlete that I can remember has never really returned to pre-injury form...

Deuce HAS microfracture surgery, as in TODAY? or Deuce HAD microfracture surgery as in LAST YEAR?

Last september when he had the other surgery. That will be almost a year recovery on a small amount of microfracture. It sounds like a good scenerio, but I am still nervous about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom