Deuce is a bust (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I remember reading these threads back in 2001 when Deuce wasn't seeing much playing time and when he got on the field he was doing nothing. Through his first 8 games he had 11 rushes for 24 yards for a 2.18 ypc average and lets not forget who all we had at the offensive line that year.

I wish the old board was still archived so I could pull some of those threads up. Many of the posters were saying they wished we had drafted Josh Reed and many were saying just give him time. I know he had Ricky Williams in front of him and got very little play time but I just dont want any poster to have to look back and "wish we drafted Josh Reed".

Good post. I don't have anything to add, just thought the thread needed some love

I remember reading these threads back in 2001 when Deuce wasn't seeing much playing time and when he got on the field he was doing nothing. Through his first 8 games he had 11 rushes for 24 yards for a 2.18 ypc average and lets not forget who all we had at the offensive line that year.

I wish the old board was still archived so I could pull some of those threads up. Many of the posters were saying they wished we had drafted Josh Reed and many were saying just give him time. I know he had Ricky Williams in front of him and got very little play time but I just dont want any poster to have to look back and "wish we drafted Josh Reed".

Not a great comparision.... Duece had 11 touches, Reggie has had 81. On Deuces 14th touch he broke off a run for 54 yards and a TD at Atlanta. By the time Duece has 81 touches (actually 85 at the end of his 3rd game, 2nd season), he had rushed for 368 yards (4.33 YPC) and had scored 3 times.

Not putting down Bush, but if you want to compare them you need to do it fairly, touch for touch.

Last edited:
The touches don't add up so bad comparison.

I'm not comparing Deuce to Reggie. I'm saying that it is way too early to call anyone a bust and you never know when he will have that break out game.

Again, this is not a comparison to Deuce, I am just reminded of the threads that started up about half way through Deuce's rookie year.

8 games is not a player make or break for that matter. All of this panicking is rediculous and premature.

You could make the arguement that Reggie won us the Cleveland game and he did win us the first TB game, next thing you know he has two bad games and he's a bust.......it's so mind-numbingly crazy what some are saying it's nuts.

I'm not comparing Deuce to Reggie. I'm saying that it is way too early to call anyone a bust and you never know when he will have that break out game.

Again, this is not a comparison to Deuce, I am just reminded of the threads that started up about half way through Deuce's rookie year.

I think I have seen one poster call Bush a bust.... Just because some people are not impressed with his performance doesn't mean they think he is a bust.

I think I have seen one poster call Bush a bust.... Just because some people are not impressed with his performance doesn't mean they think he is a bust.

I think the problem I have with what alot are saying about Bush is the fact that, whether some who don't know football as much as others or not, Reggie has produced already in plenty games and the games he has not put up stats that you can read weeks later, like YPC, he has still figured in the win. That is a fact! OK, so he hasn't put up crazy rushing numbers. We knew before we drafted him he was a different kind of player.

I think Payton is still trying to figure how to use him. You cannot deny his ability. We have seen it on a few runs this year. The fact that he hasn't broken a 50 yarder is what I think are driving some looney.

Everything that is wrong with Reggie right now is easily fixable given effort and time. That is a good problem to have. Common sense says it will come together!

I think the problem I have with what alot are saying about Bush is the fact that, whether some who don't know football as much as others or not, Reggie has produced already in plenty games and the games he has not put up stats that you can read weeks later, like YPC, he has still figured in the win. That is a fact! OK, so he hasn't put up crazy rushing numbers. We knew before we drafted him he was a different kind of player.

I think Payton is still trying to figure how to use him. You cannot deny his ability. We have seen it on a few runs this year. The fact that he hasn't broken a 50 yarder is what I think are driving some looney.

Everything that is wrong with Reggie right now is easily fixable given effort and time. That is a good problem to have. Common sense says it will come together!

I think most of us, on either side of the Reggie Bush spectrum, believe he will be a good football player. I think most of us know what he has done for this team and this city. However, those of us on the other side of that spectrum, believe something has to eventually give.

I have said it before, I am giddy we are 6-2. I love the fact I can walk into a conversation and say I am a Saints fan without having to hear the word "Aints" (except when I am talking to a falcon's fan). I am impressed with this team, its coaches and its players. However, I do believe he will stop having such an impact on opposing defenses unless he shows a little more.

Last edited:
I've seen one poster replace the H in Bush with a letter that makes only one perpendicular intersection. I immediately cast away that poster.

Not a great comparision.... Duece had 11 touches, Reggie has had 81. On Deuces 14th touch he broke off a run for 54 yards and a TD at Atlanta. By the time Duece has 81 touches (actually 85 at the end of his 3rd game, 2nd season), he had rushed for 368 yards (4.33 YPC) and had scored 3 times.

Not putting down Bush, but if you want to compare them you need to do it fairly, touch for touch.

Could not have said it better myself.

Could not have said it better myself.

Like I said...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom