Deuce McAllister evaluates Teddy Bridgewater and Dan Arnold’s preseason performances (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1565920615395.png

By John Bennett | FOX 8

NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVUE) - Much of the Saints’ preseason is about giving the backups a chance to be thrust into starting roles and therefore, starters’ situations. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and tight end Dan Arnold are prime examples of this setup as they are firmly supplanted behind Drew Brees and Jared Cook, respectively.

Bridgewater started the Saints’ exhibition opener against the Vikings and is likely to continue to see significant playing time early in the remaining three games. “I think the more that he can go out and play, the better he is going to be," Deuce McAllister said on the Black & Gold Review Show. "I think the biggest fuss is him holding the ball and I think some of that comes with maybe the routes the Saints are running. Are those the best routes for him and his talent? The other part of it is understanding and getting those reps because it’s still three quarterbacks in camp so he’s not getting those reps because he’s not getting every rep like he would as a starter but it’s still a good starting point for him.”

Full Story - FOX 8

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom