Deuce McAllister Interview: Saints Offseason, Mardi Gras and 2017 Season Outlook (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Saints fans, got to sit down and talk with RB legend Deuce McAllister and get his thoughts on the upcoming 2017 Saints season, Mardi Gras and some great work he's doing with Arc of Greater New Orleans.

It’s a make or break year. They have to really get into the playoffs, so if that’s a 10-6 record then that’s where they’re going to have to be. With two divisional rivals reaching the Super Bowl the past two years, not saying the Saints can’t do that, but they have got to figure out a way to get into the playoffs, or else.

Check out the interview here!

Great interview Rev. Right now every teams are at square one. Deuce is correct. Missing the playoff will be a big disappointment. If we don't, it will really be "Or Else". We hired new coaches and our younger players are in their second or third year with valuable games experiences behind them. Drew Brees knows. Sean Payton knows. This upcoming year will be a make or break year for the team. The sense of urgency starts with free agency and the draft. We have to hit it big this off season.

In the past I don't put much weight on preseason games. But not winning any games the last two preseason and seeing how flat we were in those games, this year those preseason games need to be treated like regular season games. Those are must win. Can't start the season off to a slow start again.

Anyhow, since you are able to get interviews, any chance you will get a chance to interview people like Bobby Hebert and or Jim Henderson. I have always been interested in their insight. Any chance of interviewing players in the near future?

Inspires me to have some Crown Royal. :ezbill: I hope Fournette goes earlier, just not to the Panthers. The Saints have waaaaaaaaay bigger needs--and I think Fournette is a special talent.

Nice to see him debunk the "Payton hates LSU players" narrative...

Great interview Rev. Right now every teams are at square one. Deuce is correct. Missing the playoff will be a big disappointment. If we don't, it will really be "Or Else". We hired new coaches and our younger players are in their second or third year with valuable games experiences behind them. Drew Brees knows. Sean Payton knows. This upcoming year will be a make or break year for the team. The sense of urgency starts with free agency and the draft. We have to hit it big this off season.

In the past I don't put much weight on preseason games. But not winning any games the last two preseason and seeing how flat we were in those games, this year those preseason games need to be treated like regular season games. Those are must win. Can't start the season off to a slow start again.

Anyhow, since you are able to get interviews, any chance you will get a chance to interview people like Bobby Hebert and or Jim Henderson. I have always been interested in their insight. Any chance of interviewing players in the near future?

Thanks, also, make sure you listen to the audio interview. It's 15 minutes long, and while I cover every question in the written interview, he goes into more detail at times in the audio.

As far as interviewing other people, I get shut down as much, if not more, than the ones I do get(usually won't make it past the agent). It's a work in progress. I'll definitely add those two to the list though!

Inspires me to have some Crown Royal.
The CR rep sent me some recipes and supposedly some free bottles. I don't drink. But, hey, it was free. lol.

Nice to see him debunk the "Payton hates LSU players" narrative...
Aye

Sorry my posts have been so sporadic lately everyone. We're working on something new (live video broadcasts on Facebook). Been eating a lot of my time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom