Deuce news? (1 Viewer)

news on deuce? he will rush for 227 and 4 tds this sunday. on 3 carries.

To me when I look at Deuce vs. LJ these are the RB's that come to mind at this point in their careers.

Deuce = Eddie George

Larry Johnson = Jim Brown

For all you deuce doubters out there saying he can't hold a candle to LJ mod edit: seek a higher level..As far as break away speed you must not have seen the play where LJ near got decapitated by a guy who caught him from behind. LJ runs out of steam on long runs. Now LJ has more power but not the speed, hands, or leadership skills Deuce has.

Deuce has 5016 yds Rushing for an avg of 4.3yds and a long of 76 yds. He also has 199 rec for 1488yds and 1091 yds kick returning for a 24.2 yd avg. Mind you he has done that while sharing the back field with Williams and now Bush 3 of his 6 playing yrs. He also has NEVER had the Head Coaches, QBs, O-line or FB that LJ has had. All the while he has never complained. I do however remember LJ being told to keep his diapers on by one Dick Vermeil.

LJ is impressive but to compare him to Jim Brown and Deuce to George your nuts.

LJ has had 3232 yds for a 4.8 yd avg. rushing and 83 rec for 950 yds and 11.5 avg. NO return yards. Deuce also has played his entire career against arguably the best Defensive division in the League.

Deuce for President in 08!!!!

Geaux Saints!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you deuce doubters out there saying he can't hold a candle to LJ kiss

You're 33 years old?

Seemes like something my 14 year old nephew would say!

By the way, you're comparing stats from 5 years(Deuce) to 1 and a half(Johnson). In Johnsons 1st year starting, even though it wasn't a full year, he outrushed Deuces best year. Time will tell who has the better longevity, but right now I'd take LJ over Deuce without thinking twice.

I love Deuce, but let's be honest......

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I'm not doubting Deuces abilities, you're just overexaggerating them.

Exaggerating what? I just posted his stats. Do I need to post the HC stats the Olines and all to make you see LJ has had better teams in front of him all along!!!!!!BTW Deuce has only started in 3 yrs 4 if you count this year again SHARING the field with 2 Heisman winners and has had a better showing than both.

O I can't belive I forgot about LJ's TE Gonzo the great!!!!!
Whose Deuce's Great?

I guess that means we will be starting with some pretty bad field position.
Two 80 yarders, one from the 20 after the wind aided a deep deep kickoff. One after n int on our own 20 ending Pitts only scoring threat of the day, and a 67 yarder right before halftime as we run a dive play to kill the clock with 6 seconds on the clock. Deuce would have gotten more but he was resting comfortably on the sideline in the second half while the backups finish the dirty work in a 45-0 blowout. (it's late, I'm sleepy)

You're 33 years old?

Seemes like something my 14 year old nephew would say!

By the way, you're comparing stats from 5 years(Deuce) to 1 and a half(Johnson). In Johnsons 1st year starting, even though it wasn't a full year, he outrushed Deuces best year. Time will tell who has the better longevity, but right now I'd take LJ over Deuce without thinking twice.

I love Deuce, but let's be honest......
Time will tell. I like the AFC west, but does LJ face the same defenses that Deuce lines up against week in and week out?

um, trade olines, and see where their each at...
it starts in the trenches.
Look how many LONG!!!! runs deuce has had calledback for penalties.

Time will tell. I like the AFC west, but does LJ face the same defenses that Deuce lines up against week in and week out?

No way does that divisions D stack against the South's D during Deuce's reign.

BTW sry bout the kiss my @#$ thing. Aggravated and preaching!!:cussing::soapbox:

When LJ came out of college I predicted him to be the second coming of Eddie George. Wow, did I understate his potential.

As far as the Deuce vs Johnson comparison, there really is none. Johnson is playing at an extremely elite level that Deuce hasn't scratched.

Love Deuce, but comparing him to LJ or LT is unfair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom