Deuce not looking good: per Todd Graffaniti 1280 reports (1 Viewer)

reggie should get 30 touches if duece is out, i look for reggie to prove alot people wrong on sunday......

If Deuce has to sit out then Reggie will really get exposed because he'll have to be a main contributor and not hide behind the 'decoy' tag.

wow that came out of nowhere. awful news.

i thought maybe his hamstring was acting up, but the knee??

I'm not sure his hammy was ever the problem. He did do stretches after "tweaking" it.

But when you watch the clip when he pulled up lame he reached for the knee, not the back of the leg where the hammy is.

If Deuce is gimpy, that is pretty much the season. We will not be as effective at exploiting the Bush factor without Deuce.

That's gloomy.

Are you kidding me, Deuce doesn't need that knee, Deuce can beat Tampa all by himself just hoping on one leg. In fact heard the Deuce plans to actually tie his good leg behind his back and beat Tampa with JUST HIS BAD LEG. Don't mess with the Deuce, the Deuce is loose.

Branch looked real promising. I hope it doesn't come down to it because I got a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about playing without deuce

I'm not sure his hammy was ever the problem. He did do stretches after "tweaking" it.

But when you watch the clip when he pulled up lame he reached for the knee, not the back of the leg where the hammy is.

If Deuce is gimpy, that is pretty much the season. We will not be as effective at exploiting the Bush factor without Deuce.

That's gloomy.

Nah.... I think Deuce may have reached for his knee just out of caution. I mean, his hammy tightened up but I'm sure he was more worried about tweaking his knee when his hammy gave out. Also, he came back and pounded the crap out of it in the second half.

Again, his repaired knee is structurally sound. It just may have a little too much inflammation due to scar tissue. If that's the case, he'll be out for a couple of weeks and I have faith we'll find someone to step in and hold it down. Whether its Jammal Branch off the PR or Stecker stepping up his game etc.... Payton is in charge and he'll figure something out.

Nah.... I think Deuce may have reached for his knee just out of caution. I mean, his hammy tightened up but I'm sure he was more worried about tweaking his knee when his hammy gave out. Also, he came back and pounded the crap out of it in the second half.

Again, his repaired knee is structurally sound. It just may have a little too much inflammation due to scar tissue. If that's the case, he'll be out for a couple of weeks and I have faith we'll find someone to step in and hold it down. Whether its Jammal Branch off the PR or Stecker stepping up his game etc.... Payton is in charge and he'll figure something out.

I'm hopin you're right.

Branch might be the best bet. He seemed to have some power and hit the hole with some steam.

Stecker and Bush go down too easy.

Deuce is key.

If this is true I hope he just goes ahead and gets the knee cleaned as soon as possible so that he can make it back toward the end of the season.

Deuce usually has big games against Tampa Bay.

i heard he was 'slow' but he would bounce back and suit up.... if he gets scoped isnt it like 4 weeks to recover?

No..it wouldn't be good news if he had to sit for a few weeks...I believe they would go with Stecker and Bush if that were the case...bringing up Branch means someone would have to go on IR or get cut...I don't know if they would try to bring in another veteran if it was gonna just be for a few weeks...time to tighten up the chin strap and grind it out...guess we'll know more by game time....:9:

Good news is..................Todd said that BUSH looked fast as ever and you WOULD NOT even have known that he had an ankle injury !! That's good news !!

I think the ankle injury has affected his ability to cut....straight on speed hasn't been a problem. That punt return for a td showed that.

He's not listed on the injury report at all.
http://www.nfl.com/injuries

I find it funny how this guy says Deuce doesn't look good but Reggie does, yet Reggie is the one listed on the injury report not Deuce. The NFL is pretty strict when it comes to these injury reports so if there was a chance Deuce wasn't going to play you would think he would have to be listed somewhere on the injury report.

I heard a little bit of kenny and bobby on wwl talking about this subject on the way home from work. I kind of came in in the middle but it sounded like Bobby was saying sometimes its better to go ahead and get the knee cleaned up and have him miss a couple of games mid season and have him back strong for the end than to have him sorta okay but a little hampered throughout and risk it getting worse. HOWEVER, that was all just hypothetical from what I could tell. Kenny went on to mention he was watching Deuce at practice and he did have a limp so he asked him about it after they wrapped things up. Deuce said it was sore but not moreso than one would normally expect 7 games into the season. Apparently he was not wearing a brace/sleeve over it and kenny mentioned that he could not visibly notice any swelling and that both of Deuce's knees looked to be the same size.

I personally am not going to get too worked up about it until I hear something official about him not being able to play. Jammal Brown has me more concerned. Is simeon rice playing this week? (not meant to threadjack, just curious)

Brown is listed as questionable...which may come down to a game time decision...I know he didn't practice Wednesday...not sure about today...I know they did mention that if Strief had to play the broken finger wouldn't effect his playing...and Strief did mention that he would be ready....I for one..hope Brown can play...Simeon Rice may give Strief headaches if he had to fill in for Brown...but...ya gotta do what ya gotta do....:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom