Deuce to stay? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114752
Saints beat reporter Larry Holder said on the NFL Network Friday that he believes Deuce McAllister will be a Saint in 2008.

Holder said that McAllister, who's due a $1 million roster bonus on April 15, may still have to take a pay cut. Whether that means giving up the roster bonus outright ala Travis Henry earlier this offseason or reducing his salary remains uncertain. Deuce is owed $3.6 million in base pay. Apr. 4 - 7:14 pm et
Rotoworld

Even if it's just speculation (which it is) I'm glad to read it.

Plea to Deuce: Restructure, let us keep you, let us cheer you, let us reward you with a ring. Love ya Deuce!

Since when did Larry Holder become the Saints beat reporter?

Holder is the Saints beat reporter for the Biloxi Sun Herald

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114752
Saints beat reporter Larry Holder said on the NFL Network Friday that he believes Deuce McAllister will be a Saint in 2008.

Holder said that McAllister, who's due a $1 million roster bonus on April 15, may still have to take a pay cut. Whether that means giving up the roster bonus outright ala Travis Henry earlier this offseason or reducing his salary remains uncertain. Deuce is owed $3.6 million in base pay. Apr. 4 - 7:14 pm et
Rotoworld

Hell we all BELIEVE... but none of us are making that decision... I hope Deuce's knee is right, or at least good enough on the 15th... I just have this sick feeling that Deuce has played his last game with the Fleur...

Look I will always appreciate Deuce as a Saint and hope to God we keep him, but if we do not, I wont be shocked. Maybe its premature but some in the Saints FO may be thinking that the man is damaged goods, and they may have a point. Deuce is not the player that we saw in him in 2002, 2003, and in 2006. He has had 2 ACL injuries and numerous other knickknacks keeping him down sometimes in his career. That will catch up to you as time gets in your career. Its unfortunate but it happens to many NFL players past present and future. So it may be unfortunate that we have to let him go. I would hate it from a personal standpoint but its business and Deuce I think realizes that. doing the right thing is not always the most popular thing among everyone involved. If it comes to that, so be it.

Judging by the kind of person and player Deuce is, I can see him willing to take a paycut just to stay with the team, just as fred thomas did a year ago.

Is it just me, or does it seem that Mr. Holder is out-scooping the Times Pic reporters as of late?

How do you figure? He never gave any new information other than what has been said for weeks on this board. All he did was speculate about Duece, no big scoop. I could say I believe Duece will be cut and we will draft Mendenhall in the first, but its just speculation.

i said the same thing when i watched this show. Larry Holder come out....what is your nickname. We know you are here...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom