Deuce Update (From ESPN) (1 Viewer)

For all those in the "nice knowing you Duece see you later" camp. The odds are he will be a Saint in 2008 no matter what. It's been brought up several times on this board that cutting him this year would save the Saints a whole 1 million dollars in salary cap money. Do you think we can find a running back that can come in a give us what Duece gave us in 2006 for 1 Million or less? I doubt it.

Love Deuce but we have Pieree.

Deuce is getting paid too much.

Sorry fellas, but we don't need Deuce.

Great guy, but on the field we don't need him.

Kill'em with sarcasm huh?

Are you kidding me? You're seriously telling me that having Deuce there had nothing to do with Reggie's effectiveness? That Deuce-Reggie wasn't the best 1-2 RB punch in the league in 2006? That we would have had the same amount of success that year without him? That losing him had nothing to do with our sub-par performance in 2007?

i love deuce, he ran awesome in 2006 but dont sugar coat 2007. watch the first 4 seasons of the year again. i know he didnt get many carries but maybe he didnt get as many carries because when they gave him the ball he did zilch with it.

Are you kidding me? You're seriously telling me that having Deuce there had nothing to do with Reggie's effectiveness? That Deuce-Reggie wasn't the best 1-2 RB punch in the league in 2006? That we would have had the same amount of success that year without him? That losing him had nothing to do with our sub-par performance in 2007?

Well, of course Deuce had to do with Reggie's success and they were a great tandem but I'm saying that RB is not a postion to break the bank on. Many successful NFL RB's have been low round choices or undrafted FA's. I wasn't in favor of drafting Reggie either, I would have been much happier with AJ Hawk and he would fill a bigger need for us.

Seems like you're just as likely to find a Tomlinson as you are to find a Pierre Thomas.

Deuce ran behind an underachieving offensive line those first three games plus the team got behind early and had to abandon the run in favor of the pass to try and catch up. Hopefully Deuce can come back and contribute enough so Reggie can compliment him again like in 2006. In the meantime the team should start looking for a replacement just in case Deuce only has one or two years left of production.

He didn't play his rookie year and he's missed two seasons with injury. If the knee is healthy, he's got another good four productive years left.

Love Deuce but we have Pieree.

Deuce is getting paid too much.

Sorry fellas, but we don't need Deuce.

Great guy, but on the field we don't need him.

Oh we need deuce all right. I am not sure we need you with talk like this but you can count on the fact that we do need him, the staff knows we need him and he will be back.

:9:

I think you guys are gonna be pleasantly surprised that Deuce isn't a throw away just yet.

I think y'all are making Madden '08 choices.

I think you guys are gonna be pleasantly surprised that Deuce isn't a throw away just yet.

I think y'all are making Madden '08 choices.

Pierre is someone new to believe in that's all, that why Reggie and Duece are so expendable to people, they think that 200yrd performance means we don't have to worry about the run game anymore cause of Pierre's performance, but rest assure, when its all said and done, Duece and Reggie will atop the depth chart with Pierre getting touches, only if one of the two or both don't have consistent performances, that's usually how it always plays out when a backup has to emerge from the bottom.

If the Saints don't have Deuce in the backfield and ready to play next season, they will be 8-8 or worse again. The running game in the late 3rd and 4th quarters of the games we won was non-existent. It was fortunate Brees was able to complete so many 3 and 5 passes to keep those clock-eating drives going.
There never was a lot of shiftiness with Deuce, and there won't be when he returns. If the line comes ready to play in 2008, all he'll need will be the same cracks and creases he got in 2006.

Problem Saints and Saints Fans have had for years...not knowing when to let go for the betterment of the team.

how many cuts will he be able to make now that he tore a legament in each knee. I just dont think he will be the same deuce we know

he wasn't the same Duece after the first injury. And he won't be the same Duece after the second injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom