Deuce vows to be back in '08 (merged) (2 Viewers)

people come back form knee injuries all the time, he will be fine, he wont be a 1600yrd rusher again, but he will still be an affective back in this league, the only concern anyone should have (including Duece) is if he has any inflamation or soreness while playing on it, the knees have been repaired, but will they hold up to the pounding he has to take in the NFL? some players have little to no problems, some players problems become chronic (Terrell Davis)

Personally I think Duece regains his starting job (not because he is better than bush) because it gives Payton the ability to move Reggie around (like his rookie year) If we can get 800-900yrds out of Duece next year it will be good.

I wont hold his initial knee surgery against him because he came back and ran for 1,000yrds on it, so that knee has proven to be intact he got it cleaned this offseason went he got his other knee done, i'm confident he and Duece will play another 3-4yrs together with Bush eventually taking on a bigger role each year.

Dude, of all the people to be counting out, y'all pick Deuce?

Knee injuries aren't as debilitating as they used to be. Dr. James Andrews is on the case.

Deuce will be bionic.

At least, he's earned the right for all of us to think that until it is proven otherwise, don't you think?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=NO

Saints coach Sean Payton reiterated Monday that Deuce McAllister (torn ACL) is "still in the plans, for good reason."

McAllister had his ACL repaired in September and will have had ten months off by the time training camp begins in late July. The Saints figure to enter the 2008 season with McAllister and Reggie Bush in a committee again.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

The guy has had 10 months to recover, his other knee is fully healthy going into his second year off that surgery and he has had 10 months to rehab his left knee, now i'm not saying that he will come back better than ever, but I think we get our RB tandem back next year, with Duece leading the way and Bush being that "satellite" player with probably Pierre spelling Duece from time to time.

DUUUUUUUUUUECE!!!!

Man, did I read that he's working out daily from 9 to 4:30??? Dang! What a beast!!!

We wish Duece the best. I hope he's 100% for next season.

You know, the expectation that Deuce will come back and be productive reminds me of a scene from the movie "Little Big League." In the scene, 12-year-old Bill Heywood, who has both inherited the Minnesota Twins and become the team's manager, is being advised to get rid of a player who just so happens to be his all-time favorite. The player who was once great just is not performing like he use to during his prime. So, during one game, the player hits a single. Billy jumps up and down in excitement over the single and tells his advisor, "see, I told you, I told you he still had it (not verbatim)." And his advisor turns to him and says, "kid, you use to get excited over home-runs. Now you're getting excited over base hits (again, not verbatim). The advisor's point was that it is time to part ways as much as it hurts with Billy's favorite player.

I am willing to bet that you are officially the first person in history to cite a reference from "Little Big League'! Nice work.

Duece is such an instrumental player for us. While Stecker and Thomas filled in great for him, we need him back. I would like to see his action limited in TC, to allow Stecker and Thomas the time to show the staff how they have improved in the offseason. We already know what Duece is capable of, so why risk an injury again? He would cost too much to cut and his trade value isn't high, so do the right thing and do what it takes to prolong his career, not shorten it.

I'd love to see Duece's career prolonged and limit his carries to 8-10 per game, so he can be with us throughout the entire year. Have the coaching staff gameplan with this in mind, so if he can't cut it, the playbook isn't shortened due his loss. Nothing wrong with giving him a few carries (2-3) in the first half, let Stecker and Thomas work the defenses down and then bring him in during the fourth quarter to strut his stuff. If we have the game in hand, you play Stecker and Thomas and let Duece rest. We can't think of the season as being only 16 games anymore...we're a better team than that. We have to prepare for 19 games and have our players ready both physically and mentally for such.

I'm behind Duece 100% and he has shown that determination to succeed is the key to it all.

As much as i share your enthusiasm for his return. he needs to carry the ball closer to 20 times to be effective. first of all, it generally takes him 10 carries to get going, and he costs way too much to be giving him the ball so few times

As much as i share your enthusiasm for his return. he needs to carry the ball closer to 20 times to be effective. first of all, it generally takes him 10 carries to get going, and he costs way too much to be giving him the ball so few times

I think he just wants to minimize his carries in training camp to not wear his knees out, but your right, Duece is not a 5-10 carry back, he has shown he can get it down with 15 carry games, but giving him anything less than that is just a waste of time, cause he doesn't get into a grove, its his strong running that enables him to break long runs (on occasion) and he cant do that getting 5-10 carries, he will go back to the same role he had Payton's first year (starting) and Reggie being that change of pace back and satellite player he should be, and hopefully get him in on punt returns.

Terrell Davis tore up the caritledge in his knee when it was injured. He had microfracture surgery to try to fix it, however it was unsuccessful. His knee injury was way worse than Duece's. I see no reason to doubt Duece's abitlity, nor his desire. He will be back. I doubt he will be a 1600 yard back but he doesn't need to be to have the Siants be successful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom