Deuce vows to be back in '08 (merged) (1 Viewer)

Great news, Deuce. I, for one, will give you the benefit of the doubt on how productive you can be when you put your mind and body into it.
:highfive:

431 rushes for 1791 yards and 13 TDs in the reg season
89 rushes for 501 yds 6 TDs in our 4 postseason games including the superbowl

book it

We love you Deuce....but more important we Believe in you...Can't wait to see you back on the field

Wouldn't that be an awfully expensive player for just a handful of plays per game? 2 severely injured knees and countless ankle problems in his 6 yrs has probably taken a huge toll on Deuce's effectiveness as a RB. I think his best days are way behind him. Maybe he should start to think about the next phase of his life without football? I know that he would be missed greatly, but the end is on the horizon IMO.

Not nearly as expensive as it would be to outright cut him:dunno:

Hmm, no mention if Reggie Bush. Are we trading him this time despite cap ramifications or moving him to WR despite the fact that other similarly-sized RBs have shown production in year 3?

I made no mention of Bush, because he is not the same type of back as Duece. We all have said more than a few times that they are two different RBs. I don't think Duece could do the things that Bush is doing, along with Stecker or Thomas. To group them all together would be a repeat experiment of what happened after Duece went down....a square peg in a round hole.

Duece has his strengths and Bush has his. Bush will never be a power runner like Duece and he shouldn't be expected to either. Duece will not command the attention of the defense like Bush does when he splits out wide and we shouldn't expect him to either. Does that make sense?

I made no mention of Bush, because he is not the same type of back as Duece. We all have said more than a few times that they are two different RBs. I don't think Duece could do the things that Bush is doing, along with Stecker or Thomas. To group them all together would be a repeat experiment of what happened after Duece went down....a square peg in a round hole.

Duece has his strengths and Bush has his. Bush will never be a power runner like Duece and he shouldn't be expected to either. Duece will not command the attention of the defense like Bush does when he splits out wide and we shouldn't expect him to either. Does that make sense?

I think he took it as if you were saying, Bush is not gonna be involved in the run game because you only mentioned Duece, Thomas and Steck.

D-mac is my favorite saint and has been since we drafted him, i think the haz- error(not era) shortened duece's life in new orleans. i love to see the 01-02 duece back next year but the chances are slim. i will say this tho medicine has advanced quite a bit in the past 5 years and people with major injuries are comming back stronger than before, see (frank gore, willis mcgahee, drew brees,fred taylor, and even T.O.). i think it really take alot of hard work and time but it is possible we can get him back at 80-90% of what he once was(pre-haz error) and at 80% hes better than half the backs in the league imo. but if he dosent come back strong and has to play a limited role on offense i hope they can re-do his deal to give us more cap room.i want d-mac to retire as a saint, but as much as i love duece im a saints fan and i want the team to do what best for the team.

rating_10.gif

Can you imagine how amazing it would be if he came back from a second ACL injury and recorded a 1000 yard rushing season, just like he did after his first.

Deuce is the man. My favourite athlete in the world.

Deuce has the will and determination to return to the team and be very productive. It has more to do with 'want to' than 'able to'. Didn't Fred Taylor from Jax have multiple acl injuries? He did pretty well this year.

I'm pretty sure Fred Taylor hasn't torn ACLs in both knees. I'm pretty sure he hasn't ever torn his ACL. I think people are getting their hopes up way too high for Deuce's successful comeback.

If he rushes for 800 yards next season people will be saying that he still has it. Fact is guys he's not that young anymore either. Best idea is to ask him to rework his contract and look to get another back in the mid rounds of the draft this year.

Last edited:
In an interview with Eyewitness Sports’ Juan Kincaid, McAllister said that he is currently rehabbing his knee in Alabama under the scrutiny of Dr. James Andrews, who performed the surgery.

McAllister says he works out from about 9 a.m. until 4:30, five days a week and that his knee is responding well, with no swelling.

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/wwl011808tpinjuries.34cd12f0.html

If anyone can get Deuce back to full strength, it's gotta be Andrews. Deuce's heart and Andrews' skill might just be able to get us our franchise leading rusher back.

And if Deuce does manage to come back fully, we Saints fans owe Andrews an arm and a leg. He already saved Brees' career. It's possible he could do it again.

I miss hearing DEUCEEEEEEEE MCALLISTER ON THE CARRYYYYYYYY in the dome.

I'm pulling for Deuce, and I know that a lot of the posters who have doubts are still pulling for him despite their doubts. I'm going to let him prove what he can or can't do before before deciding that he's finished.

Recovery depends a lot on the individual--bet Miami wishes they'd taken that into account before they passed on Drew.

It all depends on the place of the tears in the ACL and if there was cartiledge damage. Those things we don't know. However, the fact he is running without swelling makes me think there was no cartiledge damage. The other major factor is that he is devoted to rehab. That means a huge amount also. If anyone can do it it is Duece. However I feel better knowing they have Thomas who can run in a similar way to give Duece a break with no change in the playbook. That is something he didn't have the first time he was injured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom