Deuce Windham tweeting curious nugget (2 Viewers)

You’re right. I meant more in the hybrid FS/slot role. Not KV being half linebacker.
If the Saints go after Mathieu, I don't think it bodes well for PJ Williams being re-signed, as they will probably look for him to be a 3rd safety / Nickel type player to match up against Flexed out Tight Ends, and bigger slot receivers.

If it is in fact Mathieu that is being talked about in that tweet, would it really be that strange for him to be in town for Mardi Gras during the off-season, especially considering it's his home town?

I think it's AB.

AB post all day damn near every day on his snapchat.. hasn’t been on it for 2 days, I think so too.

Tyran is from the 7th ward is it really a surprise he’s home in the offseason?

You forgot to mention they are all prove it deals, once we've kicked the tires on them of course, and that this means we are 'all in' thereby rendering all other considerations entirely invalid.

In before "make it happen, Loomis"

Yeah, and I broke my own personal record for dead falcons. Guess my sarcasm did fall sort of flat. Even though, evidently... I got one of them right.

HB is not a good box player, more of a pure FS. He'll get trucked playing down low.
I doubt he will be getting trucked anywhere. I can't find the highlight but I recall Mathieu knocking the piss out of Jimmy Graham when the cardinals played the saints

WIth Honey badger, we don't have to change personnel to go from 3 CBs to 3 safeties.

Also, I think it would take Marcus Williams up several notches to only have to cover half the field.

The possibilities are endless... Or rather the possibilities are what they should have been with Coleman, but were not.

I don't think it is too high an ask. He is arguably the best WR in the NFL (although MT might have something to say about that!) and might fit nicely in a veteran led locker room like ours. Yes, you can say that Pitt has a vet led locker room as well but there is a huge difference between their vets and ours. Compare Drew, Cam, Demario, Unger and others with their "leaders". This might just be the kind of place he could thrive. Look at Apple for example.

That said, I'm doubtful that we can meet his demands and Pittsburgh's.

Antonio Brown was in an offense that was centered around him, he got his numbers, he got his money. Once Ju Ju started to emerge as a star Brown got real butt hurt and wants out, but you think he's going to be OK playing across from MT13?

I thought free agents and teams can't talk till March?
They can’t, and I don’t believe the Saints would risk tampering charges, especially considering the history with Goodell.

The only one of these players mentioned that could legally be talking to the Saints is Antonio Brown, because the Steelers appear to have given him permission to seek a trade.

Antonio Brown was in an offense that was centered around him, he got his numbers, he got his money. Once Ju Ju started to emerge as a star Brown got real butt hurt and wants out, but you think he's going to be OK playing across from MT13?

That's the factor that would override the financial and draft picks it would cost to acquire him. I wouldn't take the gamble if it were my decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom