Deuce & Zach agree: Brees said right things, action must follow (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1591517433819.png
Deuce: "You have to be willing to get your hands dirty."

By Mark Menard | WWL Radio

Drew Brees has now apologized twice for comments he made during an interview with Yahoo! Finance and offered a sternly-written rebuke in response to being tweeted at by President Trump.

Saints Radio Network color analyst Deuce McAllister says the words are appreciated, but there has to be more than just words from Brees.

"Words without deeds are worthless," McAllister said Friday night on WWL Radio. "And that's basically telling you that those words, yes, they do have a meaning. But you have to have some action with those words. And I know the first thing that comes back - 'Well he's given to the minorities' cities and communities. He's done so much for the community.' Yeah, that's true. I would agree 1,000% with that. But that does not eliminate what has happened as well.

"You have to be able to back it up. And it's not necessarily a photoshoot here, a photoshoot there. You have to be willing to get your hands dirty... And I think that Drew is 100% committed to doing that."

McAllister said if some good could come of the dust-up between Brees and his teammates, it's that the door has been opened for some tough, honest discussions.

Full Story - WWL Radio

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom