Deuce.... (2 Viewers)

Jamnn25

Red, White & Beer!
Reaction score
This is not a dellusional "bring back Deuce" thread I realise he is all but done in this league as a player & certainly with the Saints but......

I'm sitting here watching a Deuce highlight vid from 06 & all I can think about is this feeling I have about our Saints this season.

I have this special feeling I can't explain, but every Sunday I have this sense of no matter what it's all gonna be OK & that this is a special season for all of us. So how does this affect Deuce you ask?

When this team makes it to the show in February if Deuce is still a free agent I want us to sign him & give him at the very least 1 hand off so that when we hoist the "sticky" Lombardi he will be part of the 1st of many Saints squads to hold that honour.

I want #26 to be a part of that 1st glorious moment & even if it doesn't happen the way I hope I for one will be wearing my #26 jersey the 1st time we make it to the show no matter when that is!

Nice dream, but it's not worth the roster spot to put him in for one play. We will need all of our depth in case someone goes down.

I still want to have a tribute to Deuce Day where everyone that has a #26 jersey wears it. I was thinking the Monday night game against New England. What do you think?

What I would advocate instead would be an honorary Super Bowl ring for Deuce should we win this year. The Colts gave one to Edgerrin James even though he had moved on to Arizona because of his years of hard work that helped build that team into the champion it became.

I think it would be classy to give one to Deuce should we win it this year because if he were healthy enough, I have no doubt he would still be a member of this team.

I'm all for a nice tribute, but lets face it, Bell, Thomas, Hamilton, are the 3 deuces.
No substitute for young healthy legs depth.

I'm not sure Deuce has earned that moment anymore then several other prominent Saints players who just didn't have the team around them during their time.

In essense, it's a nice thought but not really practical or fair.

New Team Less Deuce = Get over it.

It was just a passing hope/dream/thought I know that it'll never happen but it'd be nice to think it could happen.

I'm not sure Deuce has earned that moment anymore then several other prominent Saints players who just didn't have the team around them during their time.

In essense, it's a nice thought but not really practical or fair.

Offensively we're not that much different than when he was here the past 2 seasons(as little as he featured) but as a whole I think we're an entirley different team.

So I agree in a sense that it's not really fair to other Saints greats but Deuce is the only Saints legend(maybe Joe Horn too) I've seen play in the short time I've been a fan of the sport so to me he's the Archie Manning of my fandom until Brees retires.

I wish Deuce could be hired by the Saints as a community liason for the organization. He has always been great at helping the commnunity. Just an idea.

While I'm a big fan of Deuce there is one problem with the idea...

Someone will have to be cut to make room on the roster. How do you chose and how do you tell a player who has fought, bled and worked for the team through maybe 17 games that - sorry you can't go to the big game because we've got to do this for Deuce. Even players who aren't active on a weekly basis still put in a lot of effort every single day and to take away the ultimate reward would just be plain wrong.

Just my humble opinion....

While I'm a big fan of Deuce there is one problem with the idea...

Someone will have to be cut to make room on the roster. How do you chose and how do you tell a player who has fought, bled and worked for the team through maybe 17 games that - sorry you can't go to the big game because we've got to do this for Deuce. Even players who aren't active on a weekly basis still put in a lot of effort every single day and to take away the ultimate reward would just be plain wrong.

Just my humble opinion....
My line of thinking exactly. I'm totally with the idea of an honorary ring, though.

What I would advocate instead would be an honorary Super Bowl ring for Deuce should we win this year. The Colts gave one to Edgerrin James even though he had moved on to Arizona because of his years of hard work that helped build that team into the champion it became.

I think it would be classy to give one to Deuce should we win it this year because if he were healthy enough, I have no doubt he would still be a member of this team.

I like it, and wonder if the Benson family would do so. But while they are at it, they need to give one to the dome patrol and morten anderson as well. Just saying. Id ad Archie, but isn't that different ownership?

Maybe we could hire him as an assistant coach for the remainder of the season. Wouldnt that get him a ring ? It would not affect the roster, and he may actually be good at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom