Deuce!! (1 Viewer)

I've pointed it out days ago. Yes he had 71 yards - but 30 yards came one run. Take this run away to see what he did on a regular basis and he had 41 Yards on 19 carries - an average of 2.1 yards.

It doesn't work that way. If you want to play that game, we should take away the runs near the end of the game when the entire Atlanta D knew he was going to run and stuffed the run.

McAllister is the thunder..... but, Bush needs more carries... they need to keep the mix up better...

go conservative???? you must be a Les Miles fan. if you have been doing something all year long, and it's worked, why go into a shell and handcuff yourself? yes we've had turnovers but those can be corrected and i don't think any was caused by aggresive play calling, just bad decsions, and our lack of causing turnovers. yeah that aggressive play calling caused Copper and Bush to fumble twice. i think Payton will be just as aggressive in the playoffs and may even throw in a couple more wrinkles that we haven't seen just yet. maybe Deuce and Reggie on the field all the time to keep defense on their heels.

when you play not lose instead of playing to win, you always end up losing. (i.e. Marty Schottenheimer)

I understand what your saying but it does not work that way. Its a tale of two seasons, first to get into the playoffs and second The PLAYOFFS. When you get into the playoofs you don't play as agressive as you do in the regular season. Parcells changes his strategy at about mid season, going from experimenting and getting to know players capabilities then settleing in to a much more controlled game plan. It was either last year or the year before that he took the playcalling away from Payton because Payton did not adjust for the stretch run and Parcells took the team to the playoffs. Sean Payton learned the lesson that year. Just recently Payton said the team lost focus of its offense and was going back to a more balanced offense.

You will still see an exciting offense because the saints have some exciting players. To have success though they will have to pound it out a little more to eliminate the possibility of game losing mistakes.

I think Deuce runs at half speed and takes whatever the defense is going to give him. If he sees daylight the jets come on. I think it is smart. I also think he sometimes has flashbacks of the times he would hit a 50 yard run and get a holding call away from the play. I think he had about 10 of those in his second year. I hope we can get some quality pickups in the offseason for te and oline either in free agency or draft. I guess we will see. In the meantime Go Saints. Beat the funky-niners as a good friend of mine calls them.

Deuce always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year? Dude, which games are you watching? Not the same ones I'm seeing. That second TD drive against Atlanta was vintage Deuce. In the second half, Atlanta started using a lot of run blitzes (Payton addressed this in his press conference), which slowed the running game down. But Payton was very clear in his PC that Deuce's running was a critical factor to our offensive success against the Dirty Birds. The 3.5 yds. per carry is below Deuce's overall average per carry this season, but it's respectable and, at any rate, it's misleading to extrapolate from that lone stat that he had a bad game or that the running game was ineffective.

Deuce has been clubbing line man and linebackers off him all season. He is a bull.

Brees played at Purdue i'm pretty sure he's used to throwing in cold windy weather.

There is nothing quite like The Meadowlands for windy weather. I'm not predicting bad things or doubting Drew's ability, I am saying that if you have a healthy and hungry Deuce, that an early lead can afford you the luxury of a run 1st pass 2nd game plan that would eat clock and keep the ball out of the air full of swirling winds and odd direction changes. We eat clock and still move the chains and we have a better chance of playing keep away/take away. It sure was comforting to end the San Fran game that way.

I love to bring back these old threads.

A healthy Deuce and a hungry Deuce seem to be the result of a Smart coach and a wise coach. Was that huge or what?

I highly doubt we turn into a power running team featuring deuce once were in the playoffs. Its just not what we are. Deuce will forever be a 15-20 carry 70-100 yard a game back with the offense Payton is running. And thats fine by me as long as we win.

highly doubtful?

His recovery seems like the main thing. If you'll notice he always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year. Hes obviously been told to be careful with that knee. Can't wait to see him back next year.

I'm picking on you here

Deuce always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year? Dude, which games are you watching? Not the same ones I'm seeing. That second TD drive against Atlanta was vintage Deuce. In the second half, Atlanta started using a lot of run blitzes (Payton addressed this in his press conference), which slowed the running game down. But Payton was very clear in his PC that Deuce's running was a critical factor to our offensive success against the Dirty Birds. The 3.5 yds. per carry is below Deuce's overall average per carry this season, but it's respectable and, at any rate, it's misleading to extrapolate from that lone stat that he had a bad game or that the running game was ineffective.

On that run in the 1st Tampa game he tossed Barber like a rag doll

I too think that coach has brought him along slowly after this injury. Part of that was playing catch-up, part keeping Reggie involved, part of it was Sean's desire to be a prolific offense with a prolific passer. But I think what you really get ultimately is a very hungry and healthy Deuce in possible cold weather venues where ball control will be key and airing it out (Giant's Stadium) will be dangerous.

Soldier Field will be no exception

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom