Deuce!! (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling that Deuce is just getting going? It seems that way to me.

1. Coming off the knee surgery, he always said that it wouldn't be until the middle of this season before he approached 100%.
2. With Reggie's contribution to the load, and of course the success in the passing game, Deuce hasn't had anywhere near the stress on his body this year going into the 12th game.

Though we're passing very well, I just have a feeling that Deuce finally has his full legs under him, and is rested and ready to be a force down the stretch here. Even though the 49ers say they plan to make us pass, I still have a feeling that Deuce is going to be strong on Sunday.

We will see a lot of Deuce fro the rest of the season to prepare for the playoffs.

Next year will be his true rebound year. Look at Edgerrin James to see how recovery from that type of surgery goes and the recovery time.

We will see a lot of Deuce fro the rest of the season to prepare for the playoffs.

I was just thinking the same thing......the running has to get going for the Saints to do anything in the playoffs.

he had a good game against atlanta becuase we did more I-Formation and used Karney more the result 20 carries 71yrds 2td's. the offense we run out of is typically more 2tighend and 3 reciever, we dont do enough of the Duece and Karney connection or Reggie and Karney...but because we had those injurys to recievers we had to go more 2 back sets and Duece had a good game, now dont get me wrong he runs well out of the singleback as well but I think he has more confidence with Karney leading the way.

I think he is getting stronger each week BUT, does anyone else think Deuce just looks slow when he runs? Maybe we are used to seeing the quick Reggie Bush, but Deuce looks like he is lumering down the field. I realize that he is a big strong back and very tough to bring down especially if you hit him high. I just wish he showed that speed from a few years ago.

I think he is getting stronger each week BUT, does anyone else think Deuce just looks slow when he runs? Maybe we are used to seeing the quick Reggie Bush, but Deuce looks like he is lumering down the field. I realize that he is a big strong back and very tough to bring down especially if you hit him high. I just wish he showed that speed from a few years ago.

IMHO, Deuce has always "looked" slow. I remember talking to a buddy of mine back in '02 and saying "Man, Deuce looks like he's running in slo-mo, but nobody seems to catch him!"

Now, I think he's probably lost a little speed since those days, but Deuce has always had that "sneaky" speed.

he had a good game against atlanta becuase we did more I-Formation and used Karney more the result 20 carries 71yrds 2td's. the offense we run out of is typically more 2tighend and 3 reciever, we dont do enough of the Duece and Karney connection or Reggie and Karney...but because we had those injurys to recievers we had to go more 2 back sets and Duece had a good game, now dont get me wrong he runs well out of the singleback as well but I think he has more confidence with Karney leading the way.

He didn't have a good game sunday. He only averaged a pretty aweful 3.5 yards a carry. So whatever they did sunday formation wise obviously stunted his running. Before that game he was running much better. Whatever they were doing...we need to go back to it.

I think paytons has had his plan rolling all season to get this team in position to win and then in position for playing strong at the end of the season. Deuce most probably understood when and where his role was going to stepped up and is now chomping at the bit.

The saints used alot of single back formations and have been fairly predictable with run vs pass. I don't know if you'll see much of a change in the regular season because the saints may have to play 4 of the remaining teams in the playoffs and I would not want to show them any new wrinkles just yet. I do think Payton will start refining formations and plays though for a more power running game.

Did you not see the 8-9 men in the box 75% of the time. They were run blitzing the hell out of us. He didn't have a spectacular day, but a couple of back breaking runs to put the falcons away, 2 td's and no fumbles. Solid and smart game. Give deuce props

I think paytons has had his plan rolling all season to get this team in position to win and then in position for playing strong at the end of the season. Deuce most probably understood when and where his role was going to stepped up and is now chomping at the bit.

The saints used alot of single back formations and have been fairly predictable with run vs pass. I don't know if you'll see much of a change in the regular season because the saints may have to play 4 of the remaining teams in the playoffs and I would not want to show them any new wrinkles just yet. I do think Payton will start refining formations and plays though for a more power running game.

I highly doubt we turn into a power running team featuring deuce once were in the playoffs. Its just not what we are. Deuce will forever be a 15-20 carry 70-100 yard a game back with the offense Payton is running. And thats fine by me as long as we win.

IMHO, Deuce has always "looked" slow. I remember talking to a buddy of mine back in '02 and saying "Man, Deuce looks like he's running in slo-mo, but nobody seems to catch him!"

Now, I think he's probably lost a little speed since those days, but Deuce has always had that "sneaky" speed.

I agree. I remember the 2003 Philly game where he broke like a 70 something yarder, I think, and it looked like he was running in quick sand, but no one could catch him. :hihi:

Did you not see the 8-9 men in the box 75% of the time. They were run blitzing the hell out of us. He didn't have a spectacular day, but a couple of back breaking runs to put the falcons away, 2 td's and no fumbles. Solid and smart game. Give deuce props

They played some 8 man fronts. 9 men in the box 75% of the time? I don't think so. They always had a safety back in coverage. Nowhere have I said Deuce isn't a good running back, but him drawing 8 men in the box is allowing us to pick people apart else where in the passing game. Looks good to me. I don't need Deuce to have stats to see what he is.

Next year will be his true rebound year. Look at Edgerrin James to see how recovery from that type of surgery goes and the recovery time.

Agreed. I'm glad the team is getting the type of play from him that they are. I do think a big reason why the team is relying so much on the passing game is to keep Deuce as fresh as possible so that they not only get the most outta him this year, but also to help his recovery.

Last edited:
Agreeded. I'm glad the team is getting the type of play from him that they are. I do think a big reason why the team is relying so much on the passing game is to keep Deuce as fresh as possible so that they not only get the most outta him this year, but also to help his recovery.

His recovery seems like the main thing. If you'll notice he always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year. Hes obviously been told to be careful with that knee. Can't wait to see him back next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom