Deuce!! (1 Viewer)

Deuce always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year? Dude, which games are you watching? Not the same ones I'm seeing. That second TD drive against Atlanta was vintage Deuce. In the second half, Atlanta started using a lot of run blitzes (Payton addressed this in his press conference), which slowed the running game down. But Payton was very clear in his PC that Deuce's running was a critical factor to our offensive success against the Dirty Birds. The 3.5 yds. per carry is below Deuce's overall average per carry this season, but it's respectable and, at any rate, it's misleading to extrapolate from that lone stat that he had a bad game or that the running game was ineffective.

Deuce is a hoss, but I'd still like to see... on a 3rd and 1, or 3rd and goal from the 1... Mike Karney lined up in the I-form behind Corey McIntyre, and let Karney get up a little speed before plowing into the line behind Big Corey.

That would be cool- but if Karney can block 3 guys on the goal line, at once, why mess with success??

That was one of the coolest jobs of goal line blocking I have ever seen. 3 guys!

He didn't have a good game sunday. He only averaged a pretty aweful 3.5 yards a carry. So whatever they did sunday formation wise obviously stunted his running. Before that game he was running much better. Whatever they were doing...we need to go back to it.

? A 20 carry 70yrd day is productive, sure its not a 100yrd game but he moved the chain and kept the defense honest, so yeah i'd say it wss productive they had to respect the run game.

I too think that coach has brought him along slowly after this injury. Part of that was playing catch-up, part keeping Reggie involved, part of it was Sean's desire to be a prolific offense with a prolific passer. But I think what you really get ultimately is a very hungry and healthy Deuce in possible cold weather venues where ball control will be key and airing it out (Giant's Stadium) will be dangerous.

? A 20 carry 70yrd day is productive, sure its not a 100yrd game but he moved the chain and kept the defense honest, so yeah i'd say it wss productive they had to respect the run game.

and 2 td's!

(filler to make post long enough)

His recovery seems like the main thing. If you'll notice he always falls on his stomach at the first hit this year. Hes obviously been told to be careful with that knee. Can't wait to see him back next year.

I'm sure he's been told to be careful, but Deuce is breaking a lot of tackles this year. I've been pleasantly surprised. I think he looks as good or better than late 2004/early 2005. Next year will be great for him, IMO.

Was that Brookings that he shed like a couple of extra pounds on that 37 yarder?

I highly doubt we turn into a power running team featuring deuce once were in the playoffs. Its just not what we are. Deuce will forever be a 15-20 carry 70-100 yard a game back with the offense Payton is running. And thats fine by me as long as we win.

That would be what he is getting now. I almost guarantee Payton will run a more conservative offense in the playoffs to eliminate the costly turnover. Remember in the playoffs you don't get another week to redeem yourself after a crucial loss. I would give Deuce the bulk of the work load, Reggie some touches running and catches, and Horn and Colston on safe ball control routes. There will be some long bombs and such but not at anytimes where a mistake could hurt the chances for a win.

The lose and go home reality of the playoffs causes a coach to become a little more conservative, especially when you know you have a team that can beat anyone as long as they don't beat themselves.

Can you see the 49ers just waiting to burst our bubbles. beat them suckas

I've pointed it out days ago. Yes he had 71 yards - but 30 yards came one run. Take this run away to see what he did on a regular basis and he had 41 Yards on 19 carries - an average of 2.1 yards.

he had a good game against atlanta becuase we did more I-Formation and used Karney more the result 20 carries 71yrds 2td's. the offense we run out of is typically more 2tighend and 3 reciever, we dont do enough of the Duece and Karney connection or Reggie and Karney...but because we had those injurys to recievers we had to go more 2 back sets and Duece had a good game, now dont get me wrong he runs well out of the singleback as well but I think he has more confidence with Karney leading the way.

That is why LT has the rushing stats that he has because they line up in 2 WR sets with the best FB blocking in front of him

I think i would like ot see a three back I formation. have karney, deuce then reggie behind each other. Still could pound deuce up the middle with karney leading and fake a pitch out to reggie to keep the ends from crashing down, or fake to deuce and pitch out to reggie.

That would be what he is getting now. I almost guarantee Payton will run a more conservative offense in the playoffs to eliminate the costly turnover. Remember in the playoffs you don't get another week to redeem yourself after a crucial loss. I would give Deuce the bulk of the work load, Reggie some touches running and catches, and Horn and Colston on safe ball control routes. There will be some long bombs and such but not at anytimes where a mistake could hurt the chances for a win.

The lose and go home reality of the playoffs causes a coach to become a little more conservative, especially when you know you have a team that can beat anyone as long as they don't beat themselves.

go conservative???? you must be a Les Miles fan. if you have been doing something all year long, and it's worked, why go into a shell and handcuff yourself? yes we've had turnovers but those can be corrected and i don't think any was caused by aggresive play calling, just bad decsions, and our lack of causing turnovers. yeah that aggressive play calling caused Copper and Bush to fumble twice. i think Payton will be just as aggressive in the playoffs and may even throw in a couple more wrinkles that we haven't seen just yet. maybe Deuce and Reggie on the field all the time to keep defense on their heels.

when you play not lose instead of playing to win, you always end up losing. (i.e. Marty Schottenheimer)

I too think that coach has brought him along slowly after this injury. Part of that was playing catch-up, part keeping Reggie involved, part of it was Sean's desire to be a prolific offense with a prolific passer. But I think what you really get ultimately is a very hungry and healthy Deuce in possible cold weather venues where ball control will be key and airing it out (Giant's Stadium) will be dangerous.

Brees played at Purdue i'm pretty sure he's used to throwing in cold windy weather.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom