Deuce (2 Viewers)

March 15 will come and go with nary a word from the Saints one way or another... then there will be reports of Saints scouts at a running back's pro day (see Matt Forte), and the rumors will start again...

God help this board if the Saints draft a running back in any round this year...

My prediction? The Saints will take a PR hit that will dwarf any other popular player's release by cutting Deuce now. Therefore, they keep him on the roster and see how he does in '08. If there is no restructure of a contract, he may be released in '09.

But there are a lot of "ifs" in this senario... but right now, it appears both the Saints and Deuce want to stay together, so I see very little reason to change now.

deuce's situation

I thought i had read where both sides agreed to postpone the contract negotiations until summer or later to see how the rehab was progressing. I'm almost confident i had read that, and thinking it was pretty big of Deuce to do that for the organization that he loves and respects.

If we cut Deuce for to save a million $, and we spend twice that on Devery Henderson, I will be angry:rant:

Bring him back!!!!111!!!11!1!!
PH2007011400030.jpg

deuce-helmet.jpg

:worthy:

Those two shots are from 2002, 6 years ago. I want Deuce back, and I see little chance he isn't on the team for at least another year, but I really hope he restructures.

In 2005 he got around $50 Million/8 years... Now thats not too bad, but with the money we are paying Bush and Brees, that's around $26/Year for two positions. That a lot of money for a team that couldn't stop the pass for the life of them.

His contract is ok this coming year. We can handle a 6 million dollar cap hit to keep him around. But after that we are going to have to do something with that contract or it could hinder us signing other players to big long term deals.

Deuce's ACL's are not torn. They're surgically repaired. He's proven that one surgically repaired ACL wasn't a hindrance and the same will be shown for the 2nd.

That's just not true. After the first ACL injury he did not have the same burst or speed. Deuce has not always just been a big bruiser back. Haslet made him do that at some point and then the first ACL tear made it his game. He was very good as a big bruiser back, but the first injury showed in a lack of burst and speed. Who knows what the second one will do.

He's a good guy and I hope he comes back better than ever. But, to assume a back with a lot of carries behind him along with two ACL surgeries will be fine would be negligence on the part of the front office. They have to monitor the situation closely and if he can't play, they have to release him. I don't think this is the year for that. The cap savings would be minimal and we won't know if he is back until the season starts. I think he gets one more year to prove himself back from the injury. But, I also think it's likely that they will restructure his contract either this year or next.

He will be here in 08, maybe in 09, also refer to Loomis comments LAST WEEK!!! Not to mention SP saying time in again that he expects Deuce back and is part of the 2008 game plan... Guys we would of heard SOMETHING if he was on his way out... we've heard nothing.... look at Alexander in Seattle, people feel he is as good as gone as well... and have heard rumors of such... but not until June... but we have heard rumblings... Deuce has not been heard...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom