Deuce's second TD??? (1 Viewer)

there is no reason to speculate. Deuce and brees said it was a busted play

Maybe we should try to perfect that kind of play, it seemed to fool everyone even though it was a botched snap.

It was defiantly a busted play that went our way (imagine that). If you take a look at the oline right as the ball is snapped they are in definate pass blocking. They took the step back and was ready to pass block. Now why didnt Brees look for the ball im not sure. Maybe he didnt want the defense to know it was on the ground, because from a dlinemen's stand point its hard to see the ground right behind the qb whenever you are in the 3 point stance. Im prolly wrong but hey what a smart guy if that was the actual reason.

Also you can see the OL go into pass protection, it was fortuitous that Deuce was on the left side where Pittsburgh's rush was exposed...that one was 100% Deuce's good instincts

At first I thought it was designed play the way Drew didn't panic. But it was just a bad snap. I don't think in all the years I've been watching football that I've seen a direct snap to the HB where the QB was under center.

"The only break we got all day was the snap I wasn't supposed to get," Deuce McAllister said of the Saints' final touchdown. "It was supposed to be a pass."

That's when an errant snap by Jeff Faine wound up bouncing into Deuce's hands, one that was supposed to go to Brees, and turned into the most surprising six points of McAllister's career.

"I didn't know what happened until I looked up at the Jumbo-tron," Brees said. "It was supposed to be a pass. But call it a trick play."

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1163400109214170.xml&coll=1&thispage=3

I don't think in all the years I've been watching football that I've seen a direct snap to the HB where the QB was under center.

Exactly. That play is run from shotgun. Not enough room to get it by the QB under center consistantly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom