Deuce's second TD??? (1 Viewer)

no

You don't score in the second half apart from that four-yard touchdown that you had at the end of the game. What happened there?

I do'n't know if Drew was changing the play or if he was redirecting as far as where the protection was going. I just saw the ball pop up just tried to make a play. It's just something that we have to try and correct as a team and just try to make a play.

It was pretty amazing. You looked at Drew and Drew almost made it look like it was a designed play like it was a direct snap to you.

It definitely wasn't designed.

I think you get a four-yard fumble recovery touchdown run, probably the first of those in your career.

That was a strange play, but we were still down seven, so there is no reason to celebrate that.

no

You don't score in the second half apart from that four-yard touchdown that you had at the end of the game. What happened there?

I do'n't know if Drew was changing the play or if he was redirecting as far as where the protection was going. I just saw the ball pop up just tried to make a play. It's just something that we have to try and correct as a team and just try to make a play.

It was pretty amazing. You looked at Drew and Drew almost made it look like it was a designed play like it was a direct snap to you.

It definitely wasn't designed.

I think you get a four-yard fumble recovery touchdown run, probably the first of those in your career.

That was a strange play, but we were still down seven, so there is no reason to celebrate that.

Drew's face really did make it look like a designed play, but no way the ball goes on the ground like that in a designed play. At least it worked out for the best at the time.

Can someone attempt to breakdown the play for me? I was about an hour and a half late to watching the game, caught up to about 14 minutes left in the game by DVR, then it skipped to about the 6 minute mark in the 4th quarter. NFL.com's play by play said some weird things happened on that play.

Deuce said it was a pass play. Faine said the football got caught up in loose turf. Brees said he looked up at the jumbo tron and saw Deuce going in for the score, he didn't know where the ball went.

Drew's presence of mind to not "give away" the bad snap is unnatural. How the heck did he not panic?!? The fact that he just holds his hands in a 'I have the ball' position while looking for it was unreal.

The guys got a freak mind.

And great play by Deuce.

I need to go back to the film on this one. I definately studied Drew and he kept with his motions. All I know is that if that was designed, that took stones the size of freakin texas. My thought is it was a designed direct snap that went awry, they wont show their cards and say it was a designed play. No way Brees keeps his cool like that if there wasn't trickery afoot.

Look at Drew's eyes - he is looking for the ball on the ground. If he knew where it went he'd be looking downfield to throw off the D.

Definately a busted play. I still think we should do more direct snaps to Deuce. Such a great play and executes much faster. Takes the defense by surprise.

It was not a direct snap. Drew said this morning that it was a pass play and Deuce was supposed to stay back in protection on the play. Brees didn't even know the ball had been snapped and next thing he sees is Deuce running into the end zone.

>>Drew said this morning that it was a pass play and Deuce was supposed to stay back in protection on the play. Brees didn't even know the ball had been snapped and next thing he sees is Deuce running into the end zone.

Yep. Stop the predictions of genius and trickery, it was a busted play with a ball caught in the turf. Credit Deuce for bringing home the bacon.

TPS

Deuce said it was a pass play. Faine said the football got caught up in loose turf. Brees said he looked up at the jumbo tron and saw Deuce going in for the score, he didn't know where the ball went.

Turf needs to be benched for that play.:dunno: Well, he did with help of Deuce get us 7.

We will just have to wait and see how he performs next week with Sin-sin atti.

I think it was a busted play as well for a couple reasons. First of all, all the O-Linemen were pass blocking (watch the tape). Also, look at the O-Linemen's reaction when Deuce scored. If that was designed, they probably would have had a much more excited response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom