Deuce's Value (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Before I get into what I really want to say I have to say this first.I really like this guy.You couldn't ask for a better pro to have on your team.He is the face of this franchise and should be.I am not trying to upset anyone but you have to look at this from a business point of view.We need some playmakers on Defense and it won't be cheap.

Ok here we go. Say Deuce is ready to go come TC and the Saints know this right now. And with all these trade proposals for Vilma,Johnson,Williams,etc we are talking about,Do yall think trading him with a pick could land us a solid defensive player.Or just trading him straight up for a defensive player.You have to look at it from a business standpoint.He has had some major issues and is very expensive.I personally don't see him being able to carry the ball 25 times a game for a full season. So do yall think he has any value and would the jets take him for vilma.Its just an example but we would be trading damaged goods for damaged goods.

I don' t think any team would take Deuce coming off of these injuries.

I don' t think any team would take Deuce coming off of these injuries.

Ditto, and on top of that, who would then be the starter? Another thing is that DOOOCE should be perfect for 20-25 carries a game as he shares the load that hopefully extends his career.

No team in the NFL will trade for a RB with bad knees, who's effectiveness (even last year) will never be like he was in his prime. Furthermore, his contract was ridiculous and noone would pick that up even if he was tradeable.

Ditto, and on top of that, who would then be the starter? Another thing is that DOOOCE should be perfect for 20-25 carries a game as he shares the load that hopefully extends his career.

Why would he be perfect for 20-25 carries a game? Thats a full load for a feature back who doesn't share the role, except for breathers. Deuce might be good for 10 carries a game, if we are lucky, coming back next year or probably ever.

^^^^ Agree

Also, I don't know the specifics of his deal, but what would the cap hit on that be? I would think it would still be rather large for a team that needs to plug so many holes on defense and that also has to sign a top 10 pick. Deuce is the only back on the team that can carry the offense when healthy (although I like Thomas' potential) and should not be traded.

^^^^ Agree

Also, I don't know the specifics of his deal, but what would the cap hit on that be? I would think it would still be rather large for a team that needs to plug so many holes on defense and that also has to sign a top 10 pick. Deuce is the only back on the team that can carry the offense when healthy (although I like Thomas' potential) and should not be traded.

He was our largest cap hit this year, taking over 5 million of the cap. I can only imagine what the number would be if we cut/traded him.

So with all these comments,you think the front office will ask him to restructure his current contract? I mean if he can't be the featured back he shouldn't make the money like one.Not trying to be mean but its a business and we need the cap space for some playmakers.

So with all these comments,you think the front office will ask him to restructure his current contract? I mean if he can't be the featured back he shouldn't make the money like one.Not trying to be mean but its a business and we need the cap space for some playmakers.

They may seek it, but I don't know why Deuce would do it honestly, he knows they cant cut him or trade him with the cap hit the team will take.

No team in the NFL will trade for a RB with bad knees, who's effectiveness (even last year) will never be like he was in his prime. Furthermore, his contract was ridiculous and noone would pick that up even if he was tradeable.

Why would he be perfect for 20-25 carries a game? Thats a full load for a feature back who doesn't share the role, except for breathers. Deuce might be good for 10 carries a game, if we are lucky, coming back next year or probably ever.

Actually you're right. Not only will he have to share the load, but all the pass plays will limit him also. Maybe 15-20 carries? I ask that because I don't think you use his abilities correctly at 10 carries.

They may seek it, but I don't know why Deuce would do it honestly, he knows they cant cut him or trade him with the cap hit the team will take.

It would be nice if they can arrange something. If Bonchie is right on a 5mill cap hit a year and they can free up half of that, it would be a tremendous amount of help.

Actually you're right. Not only will he have to share the load, but all the pass plays will limit him also. Maybe 15-20 carries? I ask that because I don't think you use his abilities correctly at 10 carries.

I don't think he can physically handle more then 10 carries a game. The whole Deuce/Bush thing is probably over. You'll probably see Thomas/Stecker (or his replacment) getting more time next year.

It only took 3 games/24 carries for him to blow his knee out this year. This is now 3 straight seasons that he has missed time, 2 season ending, with knee injuries.

I really wish he'd restructure and retire. He is gonna end up destroying his knee if he plays again. I just have a bad feeling about it.

Cutting Duece if he refuses to restructure would only save us about 1 million this year. For future years that number rises quickly, 4 million in 09, like 6 million in 10, then 8 and 10. He got a relatively small signing bonus(12 million divided over 6 years) so about 2 million a year. But his base salary sky rockets towards the last 3 years. I might keep him for 08 but definately not 09. Honestly, I'm an a$$ so I'd cut him now.

If Deuce is showing signs of being on schedule and ready for next TC... That will mean the end of Aaron Stecker's career in N.O. IMHO. It wouldn't do us any good to cut Deuce this year, and with PT showing what he's got, Stecker is the odd man out as an UFA.

If anyone can come back from these injuries, it's Deuce.

Deuce' value is He is our No1 running back - why people think this knee injury wont heal like the other, its a completely different injury as its not the same knee - did he not have issues in 06 after the first injury, in fact he had his best year in a few years.

this injury came from an odd landing from a pass he should have let go - he was running over people in 06, and now he knows how the injury heals and will have the mental side working for him - he is already wanting to start jogging, the trainers\docs are holding him back.

people are screaming at the Trade RB threads, yet we have several cut, trade,release, renegotiate threads on the teams most favorite and best players who has proven himself on and off the field.

are these threads being created by those who became Saints fans after the RB pick or something?

Deuce' value is He is our No1 running back - why people think this knee injury wont heal like the other, its a completely different injury as its not the same knee - did he not have issues in 06 after the first injury, in fact he had his best year in a few years.

this injury came from an odd landing from a pass he should have let go - he was running over people in 06, and now he knows how the injury heals and will have the mental side working for him - he is already wanting to start jogging, the trainers\docs are holding him back.

people are screaming at the Trade RB threads, yet we have several cut, trade,release, renegotiate threads on the teams most favorite and best players who has proven himself on and off the field.

are these threads being created by those who became Saints fans after the RB pick or something?

and lets u snot forget our current QB was said to be questionable to ever play again when he pulled up to Airline that seemed to work out OK

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom