De'Vante Harris now #21 (1 Viewer)

24 is not available - Kyle Wilson has it on I.R.

All 20s are taken except for 26, which outside of preseason, seems to be off-limits.

Browsing the roster, the only "good" DB numbers that remain are 20, 33, 35 (meh), 39 (meh), and 42. I'd like to see Bell switch to 42 if he is going to go with a 40 number, get the taint off that number.

Ellias and Eman, I am right there with ya'll. The number game is serious business. Look good, play good.

EDIT: Never mind on 20 and 35. Didn't realize Brian Dixon and Austin Johnson were on the P.S. And looks like a young DB has 39 as well (T. Calhoun).
Sanford has 33 on IR. 20,35 and 39 are on the PS (Dixon, Johnson and Calhoun), but I do not think PS players have any hold on the numbers.

Sanford has 33 on IR. 20,35 and 39 are on the PS (Dixon, Johnson and Calhoun), but I do not think PS players have any hold on the numbers.

Yeah, feels like we are short on numbers, but I guess our 27 running backs have something to do with that as do all the good DB numbers on I.R.

Interestingly as of right now there are 4 numbers not yet represented in the HoF:

43, 69, 90, and 97

46 was a Kicker/OT

49 has two bearers one was a two-way Guard and the other a Multi-purpose Flanker/Half-back.

21 that is still a good number as was worn by one of the greatest Hall of Famers....Jim Thorpe

Practice squad guys shouldn't be able to keep numbers, give em up boys !

I love the # change. Will make Harris look much better IMO. Crawley and Bell need to switch their # now and everyone will be looking good. I think Lasco should switch as well and wouldn't mind seeing him wear 26. Lewis would looks pretty good in 11 instead of 87 but ultimately it's whatever they like at and if it's something they want then they will get it. I have always been big on how # look for players.

baboo-o.gif

Deuce is my all time favorite Saint but not having a number available just because a great/popular player wore it is silly.

I probably got most people beat on the weird front though. :hihi:

I didn't just create players in Madden and NCAA for Franchise mode and imports.. I had backstory. Guys with names I'd re-use over and over again every other year. I'd never make myself unless it was a position I could've probably grown up and played like fullback or middle linebacker. (I was always #58. It's why my screenname is Eman5805 by the way)

On that note, I had a hard time dusting to Colston's #12. But after several games of stellar play, it grew on me. :ezbill: Going to still sport that jersey to games this season.

Yeah it took me a long time to warm up to WRs wearing 10-19. Still looks a little weird but I'm used to it now. Before the rule change, those were the numbers all the preseason scrub WRs got, so I kind of associated those numbers with that

The same thing is happening now with the LBs with 40s numbers. Just looks unnatural for an NFL player at that position and again, that's the numbers the preseason scrub LBs got.

Deuce is my all time favorite Saint but not having a number available just because a great/popular player wore it is silly.

I think Deuce is the best RB in Saints History. I think Colston's 12 should be retired also. Greatest WR we've ever had and a sure fire Saints HOF'er!

EDIT: Let me clarify. I think a player's number should be retired if there will never be another like them. I don't think we will ever have another Deuce, Colston, or Brees.

I probably got most people beat on the weird front though. :hihi:

I didn't just create players in Madden and NCAA for Franchise mode and imports.. I had backstory. Guys with names I'd re-use over and over again every other year. I'd never make myself unless it was a position I could've probably grown up and played like fullback or middle linebacker. (I was always #58. It's why my screenname is Eman5805 by the way)

Same here. I have a catalog of 100s of players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom