De'Vante Harris now #21 (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints CB De&#39;Vante Harris is now No. 21. He said he was excited when he saw the new jersey in his locker and got to ditch &quot;hefty&quot; No. 49.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/774325172723515392">September 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad he isn't wearing 49. That number on a DB just screams "PICK ON ME!" I could tell from his tweet earlier in the week that he was kind of down about being stuck with 49.

I can just picture his reaction when going to his locker today:

giphy.gif

Me too. I don't mind all numbers in the forties, but 49...something about that number screams THROW MY WAY!

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="774325172723515392" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 209.1px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad he isn't wearing 49. That number on a DB just screams "PICK ON ME!" I could tell from his tweet earlier in the week that he was kind of down about being stuck with 49.

I can just picture his reaction when going to his locker today:

giphy.gif

Ya, 49 is way too connected to the 49ers. It's better suited as a fullback's number, or the number of a college MLB. 21 is a good choice. That being said, 46 works on Crawley.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I just can't accept a corner wearing numbers in the 40s. Even Delvin Breaux's 40 is still weird to me. But it's whatever.

It's just a remnant of me growing up working the hell out of Madden's create a player feature and only making players with specific numbers. It's just what my eye likes to see.

I just can't accept a corner wearing numbers in the 40s. Even Delvin Breaux's 40 is still weird to me. But it's whatever.

It's just a remnant of me growing up working the hell out of Madden's create a player feature and only making players with specific numbers. It's just what my eye likes to see.

Same Boat. For me 20's are CBs/RBs 30's are RBs/S and 40's are S/FBs to me lol.

Thank You..I feel less weird about that

Breaux is in the 40's.

i have actually talked to him about it on twitter, because his handle is still breauxshow24. i asked him if he was switching this year because i don't want to be stuck with another jersey like my Ingram 28. he said he is sticking with 40. Mark Ingram saw i was a tiger fan and told me i should replace it with a crimson 22 :hihi::hihi:

Same Boat. For me 20's are CBs/RBs 30's are RBs/S and 40's are S/FBs to me lol.

Thank You..I feel less weird about that
I probably got most people beat on the weird front though. :hihi:

I didn't just create players in Madden and NCAA for Franchise mode and imports.. I had backstory. Guys with names I'd re-use over and over again every other year. I'd never make myself unless it was a position I could've probably grown up and played like fullback or middle linebacker. (I was always #58. It's why my screenname is Eman5805 by the way)

24 is not available - Kyle Wilson has it on I.R.

All 20s are taken except for 26, which outside of preseason, seems to be off-limits.

Browsing the roster, the only "good" DB numbers that remain are 20, 33, 35 (meh), 39 (meh), and 42. I'd like to see Bell switch to 42 if he is going to go with a 40 number, get the taint off that number.

Ellias and Eman, I am right there with ya'll. The number game is serious business. Look good, play good.

EDIT: Never mind on 20 and 35. Didn't realize Brian Dixon and Austin Johnson were on the P.S. And looks like a young DB has 39 as well (T. Calhoun).

On another note - we have a defensive round-robbin swap that should take place if they got their minds together:

Laurinaitis 53
Robertson 52
Tapp 55

They all have each other's numbers from their previous stops.

Laurinaitis 55
Robertson 53
Tapp 52

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom