Devery's hands and the reason for his improvement (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have always been one of Devery's biggest fans because of his ability to get separation and stretch the field, but he just had so much trouble using his hands and catching away from his body. IMO, Devery gets more separation on posts and gos than any other WR in the NFL.

But Fellas, my friend, Wyatt Harris, owner of Sonic Boom, has done WONDERS with Devery's hands. He has been working SO HARD with DH over the last year in regards to this.

I think Haslett's crew really stunted Devery's development. This, along with the fact that Devery only played WR a couple of years before the NFL, really slowed down his development early on.

If Devery keeps catching those intermediate routes, he has a chance to BUST WIDE OUT this year.

cool to know. I hadnt heard anything about it.you can definitely tell the guy has improved bigtime.

cool to know. I hadnt heard anything about it.you can definitely tell the guy has improved bigtime.

Yeah, a couple of my friends and I used to play on his flag football team, Sonic Boom. He is a former All Pac Ten WR in college, tried out for the Raiders, but didn't cut it. He moved down here about 10 years ago and began as trainer at the French Riveria on Vets by Cleary. He started off training a bunch of good HS players and Tulane players. He began to get some high profile clients and purchased his own gym on Central in Metairie about 4 years ago.

Over the last 3 years, he is becoming extremely popular with LA HS Stars, College Stars, and over the last 1 to 2 years, he has been getting some NFL players. He is really starting to blow up now. He trained Early Doucet and a few of LSU's LBs for the draft. He has been working hard with Devery, Meachem, Terrance Tolliver, Brandon Lafell, etc. He even had Drew Rosenhaus over there last year discussing training some of Drew's clients for the draft the upcoming years. (He had to hide his college players from Drew because of the contact rule. He is an honest guy and would never do anything like that.)

FYI, he thinks Meachem has the ability to be a very good NFL WR after beginning to work with him.

Don't have time to read that cause I don't wanna miss any of the game but that catch that he just made with the defender all over him was amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom