Devil May Cry 4 Demo supposedly up today (1 Viewer)

I'll try out the demo, but I'm not sure it's a game for me. It is visually very good, but I tend to get bored with these kinds of games where it's kill small guys for awhile by pushing a bunch of buttons, get frastrated figuring out where to go next, kill a boss by pushing a lot of buttons and then repeat.

BTW, for those who are big fans of the DMC series, there is apparently going to be a 13 episode Anime series based on the DMC world coming out soon. Dante will be the main chrachter.

Looks like all the other ones to me. I only played the demo but the gameplay and everything is the same

i have never played any of the others :shrug:

i have it coming on gamefly.....as soon as i can pull myself away from burnout

i have never played any of the others :shrug:

i have it coming on gamefly.....as soon as i can pull myself away from burnout

The other games were good at first but it seems with this one they don't change much about it. The graphics and such look the same pretty much. You might like it but I thought they would change it enough to change my mind about it.

don't take that as a full review. i only played the demo. it was somewhat enjoyable. this game definitely looks worth a $6 rent. i would see no reason to buy it though.

It seems to me to be just a poor man's god of war

yeah but with a gun.....

i played the demo last night and it seems like a pretty good game.....i don't know about buying it.....but it should be fun to play through once

You do realize that the DMC series came out way before GoW series right? If you're not familiar with the series, it's obviously a rent. While it is fairly better than DMC3, it has a few flaws. The game is not bad at all. It's not perfect but it is what it is... a hack and slash game with pretty graphics. For all it's hype, it did not meet EVERYONE'S expectation but it is a solid game overall. I've not beaten the game yet but I've gotten far enough to give a credible feedback.

All of the people who were disappointed have no one to blame but themselves, I've played the series since it's inception, I already knew what to expect from the game and I am enjoying the game just fine.

You do realize that the DMC series came out way before GoW series right? If you're not familiar with the series, it's obviously a rent. While it is fairly better than DMC3, it has a few flaws. The game is not bad at all. It's not perfect but it is what it is... a hack and slash game with pretty graphics. For all it's hype, it did not meet EVERYONE'S expectation but it is a solid game overall. I've not beaten the game yet but I've gotten far enough to give a credible feedback.

All of the people who were disappointed have no one to blame but themselves, I've played the series since it's inception, I already knew what to expect from the game and I am enjoying the game just fine.

Good head's-up. I'll get it from Gamefly.

just got it today from gamelfy......my GF won't be home until 8:30.....i have some time to check it out :9:

report to follow

i played for a bit......i think this game is pretty cool....far from being a "poor man's god of war"

ok, so i am at the point where you take over as dante which is about halfway i guess......FWIW, the game is fun and the story is entertaining, but when it comes down to it, it's really just a button mashing action game with a few simple puzzles thrown here and there.....the bosses are cool to fight although most of them were fairly easy.....

my advice is to rent this game, beat it, and return it.....definately not a buy

ok, i've rented it. just on the 3rd mission. it's fun, not sure how to take out enemies that quickly or what "automatic" means in the options, but it's definitely worth $5 to rent.

I bought it last week... I've got 3 missions left till the end. Its a good game - solid. Gameplay and feel is similar to Ninja Gaiden, though without the punishing/rewarding difficulty. I am playing on the Human setting, and have yet to die.

Buy it and sell it on ebay, or rent it if gamefly has a copy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom