Devin white (1 Viewer)

You're mad because he's Telling the truth? Everybody knows who Winston is, GMs alike know who Winston is. Winston was not a priority free agent this year for any team let alone the Saints, and only had one suiter outside of the Saints who wanted a QB who was going through a civil lawsuit and would possibly miss time due to his legal issues rather than prioritize bringing Winston back.

Wake up people, I get people are supporting him because he's a Saint but the same things were being said on this forum when he was a Buc now it's slander because he's a Saint?
Winston's shown he can be a great QB, if that last puzzle piece can just fall in place for him, he'd be a scary QB to play against. But the Colts aside, you aren't wrong. The Saints were the only team (if we're ignoring the Steelers offering more before he signed in his first season with us.) willing to give him a chance. As far as White goes, he didn't say anything that wasn't undue - even if it would've just been classier if he kept his mouth shut after stealing a win for the first time in years - but he didn't say anything out of line. Either way, I'm still rooting for Winston this season and hope it clicks for him so we don't have to spend years searching for a franchise QB.

Antoine Winfield, though? Hope someone runs over his legs with a semi or ends his career in an equivalent manner. One of the trashiest people I've seen in sports.

I don't have an issue with what he said. Players talk trash about others all the time.

I see you're off the fence now.
I've been on the fence about Winston since we signed him. physical talents aside he is a up and down player and switching helmets is not going to change that.

I've been on the fence about Winston since we signed him. physical talents aside he is a up and down player and switching helmets is not going to change that.
Fair enough, I think he can turn around, and yesterday he lost the discipline he's maintained since here for the most part.

For me, personally, I find it dirty because Jameis has spoken of Devin so favorably and how that’s his boy. I get how others may not see the issue in what White said. I respect their take. I just hate when people are two-faced.

Devin has in the past acted like Jameis is his boy, yet here he is speaking on him like former teammates couldn’t wait for JW to get out of Tampa. Players aren’t dumb. They’re keenly aware of the National sports media narratives on players. Him saying he knew Jameis would toss him a touchdown was piling on to what the media already does to his supposed “boy”.

Again, I get others not taking offense to this clip. I did cause Devin felt real phony in that moment TO ME.
Jameis has an identity crisis with Tampa because he spent his first 5 years there and still has a house there. Drew was in a similar situation with San Diego but was able to maintain a separation (I'm not comparing their play). I agree that Devin is being phony but players talk smack and like rubbing it in on former teammates.

Jameis has an identity crisis with Tampa because he spent his first 5 years there and still has a house there. Drew was in a similar situation with San Diego but was able to maintain a separation (I'm not comparing their play). I agree that Devin is being phony but players talk smack and like rubbing it in on former teammates.
I agree with your assessment. I will say that Jameis considering Devin a friend and Devin previously claiming to be boys with Winston made that dig feel low and personal to me. But I definitely respect your take. Your point is quite valid.

If you like what he said about your Qb that's fine, but it fires me up.
Steve Walsh and both of the Billy Joe’s were also Saints QB’s at one time and they sucked. Other teams didn’t just talk trash about them but teams around the league were laughing at us. Were you fired up about that too? All White was saying is that they knew how to get in his head and make him throw bad passes and it worked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom