Dexter: Season 4 starts this Sunday ***Now Filled with season finale spoilers*** (1 Viewer)

I hope Rita doesn't find out about it, she would be terribly annoying. I think Deb would get it, since she grew up with Dexter.

I don't know about that, Taurus. Dexter's problem is that he doesn't really feel anything, especially normal emotions. So his whole persona that the public sees is an act so that he fits in and doesn't get caught. Trying to shed the serial killer profiles/cliches - loner, ect. He doesn't want to be married or in a relationship, but does it because it shields him a bit. Although we are seeing changes in Dexter, especially his relationship with his kid.

Exactly. He takes a great deal of pride in his work and anything that interferes with it will take a definite back seat. Heck, a lot of normal guys are like that.
He doesn't feel shame, so blowing it on the stand won't bother him if it serves a greater purpose. He didn't blow it on accident, it was on purpose. He made the comment about a cop needing a case and a killer needing a perfect victim. Sometimes the cop loses. Blowing this case will be understood by everyone and easily forgiven (maybe not by the Irish cop) because it doesn't happen.

The way it was shown and his reactions tell me this isn't one he blew on purpose. It's possible, but I don't think so. Especially how his sleep-deprivation affected his hunt. A sociopath wouldn't allow that. He'd be getting his beauty sleep, kid be damned.

I think Debra, Rita or both of them find out about Dexter this season. Just a gut feeling. It's the next logical evolution of the show.

Maybe Deb. But a lot of serial killers managed to hide it from their spouses for years.

I love the show but I've noticed that the writers are trying to put too many love triangles into the show. Lundy is back, so that will cause problems with Anton and Deb. And what's with Angel and Maria???

Rita is totally a needy chick. I can see Dexter being on his own by show's end. This new serial killer will open Dexter's eyes to how he used to be and easy it was to satisfy his "dark passenger"

John Lithgow has been one of my favorite actors ever since his role as Dr Lizardo in Buckaroo Banzai - he plays such an awesome wackjob. His scenes in the first episode were great, can't wait to see where they take this season.

I thought the last episode was really good. This season has been so much better then the pasts. I haven't actually been waiting for an episode of Dexter since the end of season 1.

I think Debra, Rita or both of them find out about Dexter this season. Just a gut feeling. It's the next logical evolution of the show.
I see that too, but as long as ratings are good, they might just let that play over for a while. There is a new serial killer every year, the family, his Dad, the job, the neighborhood, there's a lot material there. Not to mention that this all new a serial killer that America loves. Great show.

********************************SPOILER********************************

Does anyone else think that the fact that Trinity gave Dexter the hammer that he used to bludgeon that guy, that this could be a problem later on? Maybe Dexter comes under yet another investigation?

But aside from that, the two recurring themes that drive me nuts are: Rita is absolutely unbearable. Seriously. And Debra is a walking nutjob of a mess.

********************************SPOILER********************************

Does anyone else think that the fact that Trinity gave Dexter the hammer that he used to bludgeon that guy, that this could be a problem later on? Maybe Dexter comes under yet another investigation?

But aside from that, the two recurring themes that drive me nuts are: Rita is absolutely unbearable. Seriously. And Debra is a walking nutjob of a mess.
Yes, I don't see how he didn't think the same. Trinity scrubbed it clean and I though Dexter gave the hammer in as evidence as being the same model he thinks was used in the killings? I guess this is why Dexter has to kill Trinity, because he knows his face now if he gets arrested.

***************SPOILERS****************

Dexter was going to kill Trinity anyway, he just wants to learn from him first. He made the point that it's OK to let him live a while since he is through his cycle and won't start another one anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Trinity who shot Deb. Not sure who but it wasn't him. That would be too obvious.

While I'm enjoying the Rita storyline I'm also struggling with it some. What made Rita such a good match for Dexter before was she was "damaged" in his words. I'm not sure how Mrs. Perfect Susie Homemaker is such a good fit for him. The current Rita forces him to express himself and show emotion, two things he didn't have to do with season 1 Rita. That's what made her perfect for him. I think they are building up for her to find out the truth with the way they are laying this season out.

***************SPOILERS****************

Dexter was going to kill Trinity anyway, he just wants to learn from him first. He made the point that it's OK to let him live a while since he is through his cycle and won't start another one anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Trinity who shot Deb. Not sure who but it wasn't him. That would be too obvious.

While I'm enjoying the Rita storyline I'm also struggling with it some. What made Rita such a good match for Dexter before was she was "damaged" in his words. I'm not sure how Mrs. Perfect Susie Homemaker is such a good fit for him. The current Rita forces him to express himself and show emotion, two things he didn't have to do with season 1 Rita. That's what made her perfect for him. I think they are building up for her to find out the truth with the way they are laying this season out.

*****************SPOILERS****************************

You are exactly right about Rita, but Rita changing makes Dexter have to work harder and keeps the show a little more interesting. If Rita remained so trusting and in her own little shell like she was in Season 1, then it would be too easy for Dexter to do whatever he wanted. This adds a whole extra degree of difficulty. I don't think Rita will find out the truth, but Deb will. Especially in light of Rita allowing Dexter to build his little shed and then pad lock it. Rita, however, is sniffing way too close to Dexter not to find out sooner or later. She is becoming more of a nutjob but it's weirdly making her a better cop. She'll get too close eventually.

I see a lot of growth in Rita and Dexter's characters throughout the series.

Rita started out damaged. In the books, she was beaten constantly by her husband. She only called the police after he beat their children. I think the TV show has the same or a similar story. Since the beginning of the show she has been slowly coming out of her shell. Having the kid with Dexter kicked it into another gear.

We're also seeing Dexter grow a bit. He started off with no emotions, just faking everything. Now you see there is something between him and others - not a lot, but more than the past. The tear at the end of Season 3 when he thought he may die. Saying he would be lost without Deb. Somewhat wanting to see his family when they were gone. It's a small step and probably why he hasn't taken the opportunity to get out of dodge.

Definitely, a curve ball was thrown tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom