dexter season 8 (1 Viewer)

terrible. i hated the ending. i think dexter should've gone nuts when debra died. he should've went after saxon in the hospital and choked him to death infront of miami metro or something.

sigh, at least i'm only on season 2 of breaking bad and from what i've heard they are delivering on their finale.

This.....

Dexter should have confessed his crimes after violently killing Saxon in front of Quinn and Batista. He then would have still been able to save Hannah and Harrison would have a new mother.

Dexter could finally be a normal person, but be forced to live the rest of his life in prison. That would have at least been a fitting ending.

Anybody else think they left it open for a movie?

I'm full of ???'s after this one. How does one drive a boat up to a hospital and then walk out with a body? How does one leave the harbor during a hurricane? How does one drive into a hurricane, destroy said boat, and then end up in .... Canada/Alaska??? It's obvious that Dexter driving off into the storm was the real end and they added the final part in later to open the story up for future projects. This season was a randomized wreck from start to finish.

terrible. i hated the ending. i think dexter should've gone nuts when debra died. he should've went after saxon in the hospital and choked him to death infront of miami metro or something.

sigh, at least i'm only on season 2 of breaking bad and from what i've heard they are delivering on their finale.

I'm very jealous that you are only on season 2 of Breaking Bad. If I could, I would watch that entire series and then "Eternal Sunshine" my brain so that it's wiped from my memory just so I could watch the entire thing again unspoiled. Rinse, repeat.

RE: Dexter... It's like Breaking Bad had the biggest nuts on TV, but they weren't big enough. So they cut Dexter's nuts off and implanted them into BB's scrote.

*******Possible Breaking Bad spoilers*******

Also, Todd on BB is like the old Dexter that we all knew and loved, but nicer and meaner at the same time.

Okay, so I know this is a big bump but I had to vent somewhere.

I just finished the series after starting it about two months ago and I have to say that this was literally the worst ending I have ever seen for one of my all time favorite shows. A lumberjack? Really? That's the BEST way that the writers could end the series? Really? I loved the series up until about half way through season 8 and then it just took a huge nose dive hitting rock bottom with the finale. Absolutely terrible.

Okay, so I know this is a big bump but I had to vent somewhere.

I just finished the series after starting it about two months ago and I have to say that this was literally the worst ending I have ever seen for one of my all time favorite shows. A lumberjack? Really? That's the BEST way that the writers could end the series? Really? I loved the series up until about half way through season 8 and then it just took a huge nose dive hitting rock bottom with the finale. Absolutely terrible.

sigh. so many more ways to end a great show than the way they did.

Sigh. I just watched all 8 seasons of Dexter in the last 2 weeks. I feel robbed at that ending. The final season was brutal. Every person who told me how great this show was, who hooked me into watching it will receive a series of furious wedgies...

Sigh. I just watched all 8 seasons of Dexter in the last 2 weeks. I feel robbed at that ending. The final season was brutal. Every person who told me how great this show was, who hooked me into watching it will receive a series of furious wedgies...

Go watch True Detective. It will make it all better.

I really liked Dexter with Season 4 as my favorite. Unfortunately, it slowly evolved into a steaming pile of crap. I'll always remember it for being a series that had 4 good seasons, 4 bad, and the worst series finale I've ever watched.

If you haven't watched Breaking Bad, you will enjoy it from beginning to end.

I really liked Dexter with Season 4 as my favorite. Unfortunately, it slowly evolved into a steaming pile of crap. I'll always remember it for being a series that had 4 good seasons, 4 bad, and the worst series finale I've ever watched.

If you haven't watched Breaking Bad, you will enjoy it from beginning to end.

i watched breaking bad after dexter. its so awesome.

dexter let me down.

We finished Dexter last night. The series finale really left me underwhelmed; the entire final season did actually. I really hate how rushed the Dexter and Hannah relationship was; it just seemed unrealistic for Dexter to be THAT in love with her and to trust this known poisoner to care for his son in another country.

And why on Earth would someone on the run like Hannah constantly feel the need to put on the hottest dress she could find when going out in public without any sort of disguise. That just drove me nuts.

I don't think any season matched the intensity of the Bay Harbor Butcher season. They should've saved that story arc for last. That season was edge-of-your-seat stuff.

And yes, Breaking Bad is the best show ever, from start to finish.

Question - I don't think they did or maybe I just missed it, but did they ever clear up if Dexter was really Harry's son or not and if so, was Deb never made aware of it? It seemed like that's the direction they were heading to explain why Harry "saved" Dexter and basically ignored his brother in the shipping container.

Things are kind of a blur since I watched it all within a two month span.

I thought the most recent episode was a little "off"... something about the acting, editing, I dunno...

I see this a lot with shows in their final seasons. It's like the actors and writers start "mailing it in" and get sloppy. Even the boat scenes of the last season or two were much phonier looking and obviously done in-studio with cheaper effects.

Question - I don't think they did or maybe I just missed it, but did they ever clear up if Dexter was really Harry's son or not and if so, was Deb never made aware of it? It seemed like that's the direction they were heading to explain why Harry "saved" Dexter and basically ignored his brother in the shipping container.

Things are kind of a blur since I watched it all within a two month span.

i believe it was season 1 when they went to dexters dads old house and dexter had them run dna and he was that mans son.

i believe it was season 1 when they went to dexters dads old house and dexter had them run dna and he was that mans son.

That's what I thought.

I really wish they would have somehow tied that into the finale, Dex revealing that Deb was his real sister. I was totally expecting Deb to end up needing an emergency blood donor after being shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom