dexter season 8 (1 Viewer)

I wasn't. It was a setup episode with a pretty big bang at the end. THere was a lot of to cover to catch people up with the last 6 months of Dexter time and set the stage for the season. The first episode of nearly every season has been that way (last season being the big exception).

**********SPOILERS***************

I have a strong suspension when Harry first found out about Dexter he went to this Dr. to learn how to help him. Is it possible the code was actually designed by her?

....................SPOILER.......................

I would also hazard to think that Matthews is in on it based on the way he was shooting down everything LaGuerta was saying last season!

....................SPOILER.......................

I would also hazard to think that Matthews is in on it based on the way he was shooting down everything LaGuerta was saying last season!

I've thought that for a while. Matthews has to know.

last season was great up until when they killed Ray stevensons character

i called the dr being in it it the moment i saw her

^^
Yeah, me too. I don't think it's as big of a deal as the previews make it out to be. But may be she confesses to killing that guy. I wonder if she ends up on Dexter's table??? If she gets off on charges or is never brought up she would fit his code. It has potential to be a major conflict between his personalities.

Maybe the Dr. is the serial killer (split personality)

I don't trust Vogel. I think she could be the killer. I don't know though. I've read you won't know who it is until its closer to the end like the ice truck killer in season 1. It'd be interesting if Vogel introduced the code to dexter and eventually kills him. But I'd rather something bigger than that myself.

I don't believe Deb killed the hit man. Jumbled memories from a concussion could mean she stumbled upon the car and found him dead. She got the cut when she reached in to check for a pulse. I feel this is a set up and, with the way Vogle keeps metioning how surprised she is that Dex hasn't killed Deb yet, I'm suspicious of her. Seems obvious to have Vogle as the puppet master but that's how's its looking so far.

i decided vogel was a killer last night

she created and used dex all these years to be a killer by proxy. now hes violating her code and she will kill him and deb at some point.

Not really liking the last season too much so far. All the Deborah drama is pretty boring.

Not really liking the last season too much so far. All the Deborah drama is pretty boring.

Yeah, I could use a little more killing and plastic. Almost got it last episode but they decided to imply it. Meh.

Overall my guess is that Dexter will realize he isn't a true psycopath and Dr. Vogle's demented therapy, instead of trulying helping him, sent him down the killer path instead. This will lead to one final kill for dexter but just as he is about to kill Vogle and then lead a happy normal life, Deb steps in and kills Dexter. Awww, sad. Just as he was about to be "cured".

I think it ends with Dexter somehow sacraficing himself to save Deb.

I actually like what they are doing here. They are ending the series by doing two things:

1. Filling in the last remaining questions about Dexter's past and his psychological make up
2. Showing us the consequences of who Dexter is.

I would have not been happy if those two issues weren't covered or were quickly washed over to get to more people on his table.

I think it ends with Dexter somehow sacraficing himself to save Deb.

Agreed; they set it up last episode when Vogel mentioned Deb's shooting of LaGuerta as being a sign of sacrifice and unconditional love (or however she put it), and indicating that Dexter showed none of that toward Deb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom