Dez Bryant catches passes from Patrick Mahomes as he works on NFL comeback (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

Spending two years not playing in the NFL probably wasn’t part of Bryant’s life plan. After spending eight seasons with the Cowboys, he was released following the 2017 season. He didn’t sign with another team until November 2018 when he got a one-year deal with the New Orleans Saints. Just two days after signing that contract, Bryant tore his Achilles’ tendon and was placed on injured reserve. He never played a single game for the Saints.

Bryant didn’t play in 2019 either. He was angling for a comeback in the early months of the season, preferring to play for the Saints, but interest didn’t materialize from New Orleans or anywhere else. He’s recently been in contact with Cowboys VP Stephen Jones, who was noncommittal about welcoming Bryant back into the fold.

“He has texted me that he would like to come back,” Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in early February. “We have nothing but great respect for Dez and what he accomplished here. Certainly, as we look forward into the future, we look at all opportunities and all potential players that could maybe help us out.”

Didn't Dez say the Saints would have the first crack at him since we were willing to give him a shot when no one else would?

Would y'all still want to give him a shot?

How long did TO spend talking about getting back in the league and giving it all that 'I can still play' after being let go for the last time?

Because it feels like we're getting into that kind of territory.

Just let it go, Dez. The league has moved on.

I wish Dez good luck. Hard to believe it's already been over two years since he played a down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom