N/S Dez Bryant hinting around he is getting ready to come back to NFL (1 Viewer)

It’s truly bizarre that we haven’t worked out Dez or any other WR for that matter. We liked Dez enough to sign him last year, could the injury have taken what little he had left in the tank? Maybe, but how can we know without bringing him in for a physical and a workout?

Are we just comfortable with what we have at WR? Cause that’s just crazy to me. We have lost Carr and Kirkwood for the year, Hogan and Harris aren’t involved as pass catchers and have a combined 3 catches for 10yrd in their careers (all Harris!). That leaves us with 3 WR, 2 of which have had a case of the drops lately.

Don’t talk all that sense to our resident “The receivers are fine” folks. ?

I don't think it's necessarily is he better than Ginn since they're polar opposite receivers. Ginn would be a huge help in getting Bryant single coverage on intermediate routes over the middle by taking the top off the defense.

It all may be moot if you believe what Deion Sanders has been saying about signing a WR in NE. I'd love to bring in a veteran receiver who's in game shape, but it just may not be in the cards. What's the deal with Crabtree? Did he willingly retire and is now a shell of his former self as an athlete?

EDIT: Just searched Crabtree and there's an opinion article about him possibly signing in Oakland for the remainder of the year to try and help them save their season. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him if he's actually looking to play. His bio does say he's a FA, not retired.

Do you really believe that a guy who hasn't played a down in almost 3 years is in game shape and ready to just step in and contribute immediately?

You guys are seriously kidding yourselves if that's what you believe.

Dez is in phenomenal game shape right now, looks great, been doing 2 a days for awhile now, he actually postponed the workout a week because he’s been training so hard he wants to be fresh for the tryout.

Forgive my cynicism, but the world is full of people's workout videos. It doesn't make them rosterable NFL football players.

If the Saints signed him, I wouldn't be mad. It would mean they saw something. But from what I've seen, he's lacking explosion in his cuts, which was a big part of his game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom