Dez Bryant says he never should've played for the Saints (edit: seems to be about personal issues) (1 Viewer)

Social media and the easy access to it might be the worst thing that ever happened for people prone to mental issues. Ill-equipped to deal with the realities of adulthood. For certain ex-athletes, the craziness starts when it hits them that the wonderland of being a star athlete has disappeared -- and the real world beckons!

I think many of us Who Dats are starting to see now why Coach Pete wanted us to stay away from Dez. Pete knows a number of current Cowgirl coaches and trainers. Dez was apparently a coaches nightmare.

Last edited:
Beef? Because I said he's stupid? Nah, that's just fact.
I guess the question is "Why do you consider him stupid?". And you can substitute "beef" with "issue" or "problem", if that works better for you.

This is not a guy who's going to play football again. People only tweet this kind of stuff when they are admitting they've hit a wall in their attempts to get signed.
A hard truth that me and some others who wanted to give him another shot to help the team will now have to accept.

I think many of us Who Dats are starting to why Coach Pete wanted us to stay away from Dez. Pete knows a number of current Cowgirl coaches and trainers. Dez was apparently a coaches nightmare.
I'm not ready to disagree with you on that but I'd like to know what, in relation to this, designates someone as a coaches nightmare?

A player's personal thoughts?

A player's use of social media?

Both?

As brutal as the court of public opinion can be, the NFL does a good job of protecting its players from penalty with contractual do's & don'ts pertaining to social media/public relations.

I would imagine someone looking from the outside, in, as Dez is, would be more inclined to follow policy if he's really trying to get back in. Assuming he is, what about his statements can be seen as "toxic" in nature? As @BoNcHiE said, it is probably a wrap for Dez, I'm just curious as to what exactly about what he said was the nail in the coffin? A genuine question.

Last edited:
I'm not ready to disagree with you on that but I'd like to know what, in relation to this, designates someone as a coaches nightmare?

A player's personal thoughts?

A player's use of social media?

Both?

As brutal as the court of public opinion can be, the NFL does a good job of protecting its players from penalty with contractual dos & don'ts pertaining to social media/public relations.

I would imagine someone looking from the outsid, in, as Dez is, would be more inclined to follow policy if he's really trying to get back in. Assuming he is, what about his statements can be seen as "toxic" in nature? As @BoNcHiE said, its probably a wrap for Dez, I'm just curious as to what exactly about hwhat he said was the nail in the coffin? A genuine question.

Great questions. Really good stuff. Thx. And yes, as you pointed out, this would definitely have a large subjective element to it. What I was told by Coach Pete is that Dez flat out defied his coaches and often did it in the middle of a locker room. Dez was all about Dez and his numbers. I was told that a few of the Cowgirl coaches strongly believed Dez has a mental disorder based around anger. It went so far as a number of the team captains went to the coaches to complain about Dez selfish attitude.

I don't know if that helps clear this up. I hope so. Great points you make. Personally, I liked Dez was very excited we signed him last year.

Too late. Believe me, some people are intentionally reacting without context. Theyre gonna hate this dude, no matter what.
Going by the response when we signed him last year, more welcomed him than trashed him. But you're correct in that some will not accept him under any circumstances. But in this case, the initial reactions are more the way Dez worded his initial tweets. Very cryptic and vague. Why not just say what you want to say without the teasers. Most of these players would do well to have a social media advisor or sort of filter before they take to the interwebs. Dez (like AB) is in a tenuous position in that another shot at playing is in the balance. Especially when addressing a race issue. He needs to handle it smartly and not emotionally.

sorry guys, I've only skimmed the thread. please tell me where to focus my outrage.

sorry guys, I've only skimmed the thread. please tell me where to focus my outrage.
Twitter, focus your outrage at Twitter. The modern day equivalent of the poison pen letter without the option to reflect and tear up before dropping in the mailbox...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom