Dhani Jones starting? (1 Viewer)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I read somewhere that DJ is expected to start in Cincy. Was'nt he a saint last year? what happened? Surely he wasnt beat out.

helofixer

Schlägertruppen
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saw limited playing time during pre season, was a victim of the final cut down, picked up by cinci...appeared in 14 games, had 90 tackles, 59 solo, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles.

Archie_4_HOF

Northshore Who Dat
Reaction score
I said the same thing when I heard they signed him to a three year deal recently. That is amzing when he couln't get anytime among these soory LB's we have.

blitzkreig

Reaction score
there was a game this year, monday nighter or sunday nighter where they only had 2 linebackers not injured playing. dhani jones was their only choice.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I read somewhere that DJ is expected to start in Cincy. Was'nt he a saint last year? what happened? Surely he wasnt beat out.

He was awful. Apparently and obviously worse then even our linebackers.

Jazzbo

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dhani was slower than the service at Popeye's

mew4th saint

Reaction score
there was a game this year, monday nighter or sunday nighter where they only had 2 linebackers not injured playing. dhani jones was their only choice.

I would also go on to say that there were only a few teams that had a worse defense (esp. Pass defense) than the saints.....and it would be CINCY!

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Dhani Jones was worthless long before he became a Saint. Outside of a couple amazing performances on Monday Night Football a couple years ago he has never been good.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score
he was slotted to play behind Fujita. I doubt he was going to start over Fuji. And he wasn't going to play out of position since that obviously didn't help him before he came to New Orleans. It's a Michael Bennet type of situation, some of these vets are given a chance to start elsewhere if they can't start here.......as a result we do have a pretty good rep with players.

GoldRush26

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Dhani was very bad. It seemed he was always trying to tackle RBs or WRs that had already passed by him. I quickly soured on him.

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I didn't think he did that bad in pre-season.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

And now we know why.

I would hate to be a fan of that team right now. "Sorry we couldn't get either of the two DT's we traded for, but look, we got Dhani Jones! Look, he does this little air guitar thing on the off chance that he makes a tackle!" That's some compensation for watching the prime of Ocho and Palmer waste away with a God-awful defense. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom