Dhani Jones starting? (1 Viewer)

And now we know why.

I would hate to be a fan of that team right now. "Sorry we couldn't get either of the two DT's we traded for, but look, we got Dhani Jones! Look, he does this little air guitar thing on the off chance that he makes a tackle!" That's some compensation for watching the prime of Ocho and Palmer waste away with a God-awful defense. :covri:

I read somewhere that DJ is expected to start in Cincy. Was'nt he a saint last year? what happened? Surely he wasnt beat out.

DJ was gang busters in Cincy's system. He flurished for some reason with them vs. being with us.

Am I the only one that constantly wonders why Cincinnati's defense is so bad, considering Marvin Lewis is their coach....the same Marvin Lewis that was credited with building the 2000 Ravens defense and is considered such a defensive genius?

Almost sounds like Haslett, if you ask me.

He was awful. Apparently and obviously worse then even our linebackers.

after watching our LB's play last year. i find it very hard to believe he was worse. for some reason guys get run on this team and don't really perform. take Simmons he started 2 games last year in place of Shanle. Shanle had not played well up to that point and Simmons actually had very good games, but Shanle comes back and gets his starting job back and continues the less than mediocre play. yet we bring in no competition for him in the off-season yet.

Kaesviharn is another example of a guy who gets some run with the team performs very well and then loses his job to an under performing starter who regains his health.

look after the first year of these guys it seemed that everything they would touch would turn to gold, but after last years FA aquisitions and a not so productive draft they can't be left without some criticism. i believe Payton deserves the most blame for last year cause he was like Haz because he was too loyal to players who didn't perform. i hope that changes drastically this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom