Dhs employee May have Attempted to Hack Georiga's Secretary Of State (1 Viewer)

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
Now this is something to worry about, why would someone employed by the Obama administration attempt to hack into a system that controls the votes for a State And the bigger question how many States were affected by this Hack and were never discovered.

The Department of Homeland Security told members of congress Friday that a rogue federal employee may have been responsible for a November hack-attack that targeted the Georgia secretary of state’s system, LifeZette has learned.

Exclusive: DHS Says Georgia Hack May Have Been Rogue Employee | LifeZette

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Curious why you feel the apparent need to connect this rogue DHS employee with "the Obama administration" when DHS is subject to Congressional oversight as well.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Now this is something to worry about, why would someone employed by the Obama administration attempt to hack into a system that controls the votes for a State And the bigger question how many States were affected by this Hack and were never discovered.

The Department of Homeland Security told members of congress Friday that a rogue federal employee may have been responsible for a November hack-attack that targeted the Georgia secretary of state’s system, LifeZette has learned.

Exclusive: DHS Says Georgia Hack May Have Been Rogue Employee | LifeZette
Did you even watch the original report or did you just go with the headline? Better yet, from your article:
DHS officials said on the call that there were two possible explanations for the hack, the source said. Either a malicious third-party mirrored the DHS IP address linked to the hack — or someone within the department executed the attempted infiltration without authorization. DHS is currently investigating both possibilities.

Homeland Security investigating apparent cyber attack against Secretary of State's office | WSB-TV

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
He doesn't care, the fact that he jumped to connect this "rogue employee" to "the Obama administration" with no basis in fact makes it obvious enough. The trolling is getting lame.

Are you really curious?

Pretty sure we all know why, figured he at least deserves the chance to explain himself.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Curious why you feel the apparent need to connect this rogue DHS employee with "the Obama administration" when DHS is subject to Congressional oversight as well.
There is no rogue employee that they know of, only speculation. The more likely source is a hacker who spoofed the IP address of the US Customs and Border Protection Internet Gateway. Why would a they use a DHS agent to to this and not the NSA? That is what they do and with little effort.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
There is no rogue employee that they know of, only speculation. The more likely source is a hacker who spoofed the IP address of the US Customs and Border Protection Internet Gateway.

That would be my guess as well, but for the sake of argument, let's go with the worst case scenario as described in the piece, which is a rogue employee.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He doesn't care, the fact that he jumped to connect this "rogue employee" to "the Obama administration" with no basis in fact makes it obvious enough. The trolling is getting lame.

Pretty sure we all know why, figured he at least deserves the chance to explain himself.

He never, ever responds to any queries, at least lately. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't engage because he has no original thoughts of his own, just memes and headlines from shady websites. I used to have a better opinion of him, but it is what it is. :idunno:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He never, ever responds to any queries, at least lately. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't engage because he has no original thoughts of his own, just memes and headlines from shady websites. I used to have a better opinion of him, but it is what it is. :idunno:

That may be it
But I get more of a sense that he's a kid with a stick and he sees PDB as a hornet's nest

But it's hard to single looney out - hardly any on the right go deep in discussion (3-4 posts?)
Jim Everett may be the only one who will engage consistently ( I realize on any sane political spectrum he'd probably be a centrist, but...)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SBTB, crosswatt, DaveXA, others I'm sure I'm leaving out are more serious posters from the right. No doubt a changing parade of troll accounts (and real accounts that just drive by or what have you) has long been coming from that side. Obviously too some persistent and sincere just not up to actual debate, but most of them fade in and out like athlete's foot.

wcklink

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

I guess it's just like the rouge IRS agents, right? Maybe Obama will read the news to discover this as well!

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SBTB, crosswatt, DaveXA, others I'm sure I'm leaving out are more serious posters from the right. No doubt a changing parade of troll accounts (and real accounts that just drive by or what have you) has long been coming from that side. Obviously too some persistent and sincere just not up to actual debate, but most of them fade in and out like athlete's foot.

K, I'll giveyou the first two but I'm not putting DaveXA in the full "right" category

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I guess it's just like the rouge IRS agents, right? Maybe Obama will read the news to discover this as well!

US Close to Solving Mystery of Alleged Hacking of Georgia - ABC News

An employee in the department who worked far removed from cybersecurity operations visited the Georgia secretary of state's website for his work, an official told The Associated Press. The employee's system was configured in a way that caused Georgia's outside security vendor to misinterpret the visit as a scan of its systems. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not authorized to publicly discuss preliminary findings.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess it's just like the rouge IRS agents, right?

How-to-Apply-Blush7.jpg

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You think of all people, people from LA would be least likely to make that error, but fat fingers are fat fingers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom